Tuesday, April 5, 2016

ODD


Seems odd to see all the snow they are having down East.  I am quite happy for it to stay there.

We have had two nights of rain which was not odd for it to happen just after I have watered.

People are wearing an odd variety of cool or warm clothes.  Some are already in summer gear and others like me still have my warm clothes on, as the wind can feel chilly.  Layered is the answer.  What my spell checker really worked and that is extremely odd.

I washed windows yesterday and after doing laundry and walking Haiti did not have the energy to go visiting but I will try today by taking it easy in the morning.  I am sorting books.  Dad too is taking it  easy too after all the hard work he has been doing but did some shopping for food.  I do not know where all the food seems to go but we always seem to be out of something.

Odd that when I ate the right thing at the wrong time I felt sick all night.  Another lesson learned.

I think it is very odd when a doctor asks how you are when you are sitting there waiting to see him or her!

Too bad the Canadian girls lost but a very exciting game.  I did not stay up for over-time as I had already stayed up past my bed time.

Learning about opening a book store I find that odd things can be found in old books.  Anything from dead bugs in the spine, dead spiders in the pages along with mold and dog chewed corners.  There can also be old stamps and the odd bit of money along with old letters etc.

Human nature is certainly odd and sometimes I just shake my head and wonder about dad?

"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other".
--George Ellot


4 comments:

Sandra said...

It is hard for me to know what to wear right now. I still think I am in the cold east so bundle all up before going outside then have to start undoing buttons and zippers as I walk.

Did my new longer walk to Pilates again last night, up and down hills. Find it bothers one of my toes, might have to wear different shoes.

The one lady that I became friends with is leaving our group. She is looking for a class closer to her house in Cloverdale. Had to hold back the tears as I am still emotional from leaving Mary and family.

Oh well, life goes on.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra our life is really changing with people moving and others getting sick.

Hopefully a new friend will turn up.

Did you know Carol is doing a 30 day trial of Yoga every morning.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh, I feel so badly for Sandra....being so far away from her family. Especially when the grandchildren are so small. They grow up quickly and one wants to spend as much time as they can with them. It is a good thing there is facetime and skype these days, it brings people a lot closer, that is for sure!

We have a "murder" of crows here.....at least 50 crows....people are stopping their cars and looking in to the bird feeding station...they make an awful racket. It is snowing like crazy and all the birds are scrounging for every little bit of seeds they can find. Many are trapped here in the wintry weather. I saw a flock of Robins on our walk today, huddled under some bushes.

Don't tell Larry this Beth....haha, I bet he reads your blog...BUT I think all men get strange when they get older! Us gals never change, right?

We don't have to worry about what to wear here....winter clothes and I am getting mighty tired of them, especially the parka and boots.

Take care, Beth, don't overdo things, it sounds like you accomplished a lot today!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I had a long day yesterday up at 2am working then Melina was on pm shift. Ini got about an hour sleep then took the kids out to dinner. Did some shopping for cat food and bread. I managed to stay awake until 9pm . I went to bed left the kids up watching a Disney movie. That lasted about 20 mins then they came to bed with me. Melina got home around 11pm . We are finally getting some good rain.
Ken