Friday, August 11, 2017

CONFESSIONS

Not walking yet but climbing up the stairs!  She has changed a lot in the last few weeks.  She stands up but afraid of taking the first steps.

I confess I have not washed the floor all week because it has been to hot.  Ophelia's little knees show the dirt and my secret is out.

The first chore of the morning wash to wash the floor and the second to mail a card to Theresa.

Other than that I have no other plans.
no dog to walk
no baby to pick up
no visiting
just going to finish my mystery!

Dad is doing more painting of the house and is working hard.  He even does the shopping.  It seems all at once we are out of a lot of things.  I am glad it is cooler with a bit of a breeze.

Rick phoned to say he is not coming down and he does not sound well with a bad cough and fatigue not improving.

Strange noise in the wall this morning.  Sounded like the friendly giant not a mouse that is for sure.

I confess I wondered what our neighbor thought about all my religious books lying on the bed and piled high by the computer.  He probably did not even notice but I felt embarrassed.  I am not one to be outspoken about my beliefs surrounded by a world that is very secular.  There will always be people who are kind and caring, generous and helpful.  Some may even entertain some deep thoughts about the meaning of life and why are we here?  A world full of good people trying to do there best/

Confession is good for the soul and for the health of our bodies.
My faith has brought much joy to my life.
A knowledge that there is an unseen presence of unconditional love that forgives and heals fills me with the wonder of grace!  Always with me in the ordinary day by day experiences.

I confess that I need a community of faith that helps me grow and provides lasting friendship.

I need the weight of tradition that values scripture.

I guess I have a spiritual curiosity that keeps me reading and searching.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

You have mice in your walls? Down on the mane level or up stairs?

I wish the rain would just fall and get it over and done with. I am happy to not have to put the air conditioner in the kitten room for a change, the cats do not like it since it is so noisy.

Adeena and Riley are spending the day and night out with Mandi, they will all be back tomorrow for dinner.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

No Sandra it was not a mouse.

Dad said it sounded like someone hitting the wall.
It was upstairs between my computer room and our bedroom.
Believe me it was very strange.

Gardening today.

Love mom