Friday, August 25, 2017

HAPPINESS

Thankful to be in a calm and peaceful place like our library and not in that awful tornado.  It is unbelievable.  Also the fire that has now hit hit town making people leave their homes and possessions.  We have so much to be thankful for.

Rick's Cat Scan has been moved up to August 31.  I feel like it is an answer to prayer!

I am happy that I got everything done today that I set out to do.

What a relief to learn I do not need to wear glasses when I am driving so that means that now I am legal.  I felt a little shaky  when I went to the eye doctor expecting the worse.  Both Sandra and I now have a prescription for  glasses but there is no urgency.

I am glad that dad did get the picture sent to Sandra after a little nagging on my part.  He did have some trouble doing it as his computer was not happy.

His next task was picking up wood for the front porch.  As he loaded it up in his car with his new invention he attracted some admirers.  He is very proud  and happy.

A phone call from Mary was another happy conversation.  She appreciate her card and the words we had expressed.  It does take time and effort which we are happy to do.

My question in my morning reading was about what kind of person do you want to become,

What character traits are you developing along the way.

Keeping hope alive also makes happiness a by-product.

Contentment  and freedom to be yourself, even on the days when I feel confused and lost.

Learning to laugh at yourself is important too!

5 comments:

Client Strengths said...

Old looks so good! I wish I could have been there to see him. That would be fabulous if he gets on as a first mate!

What's Dad doing with the porch?

Maybe we can Skype tonight. The website is looking better.

Love you guys
Carol

Sandra said...

Randy had the day off and we did little bits of jobs. Some Painting. A little fence building. Little house work. Tried a movie after supper on Netflix but I did not like it so I just went and watched Father Brown with the kittens. Once I can get them all up into the bedroom I close the door. If they decide to hide under couches or the china cabinet it is pretty near impossible to get them out.

I had a mini sleep in this morning as Randy is working days. He got up with the alarm and made the coffee and I got to wait till 6.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Oliver did look great!

It is good he has goals that he is working towards.

Dad wants the front porch to fill in the entrance completely.

A big job just getting the wood.

The car is full of wood so I will not be able to drive it this morning.

Our sleep is so important and any little sleep in is good.

Father Brown is a good one just to make you sleepy.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Oh boy, kidney stones.....I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Only had 1 attack but it was worse than having babies...ouch! Scary too not knowing what was happening until i got to the hospital. I am glad that Rick has his test moved up and I hope they can dissolve them or whatever they do to them. I still have one, but it hasn't bothered me in many years...touch wood.

What a wonderful photo of Larry and Oliver. They both look great. isn't that good news about Oliver wanting to be a first mate...in time he may become a captain! I come from a long line of sea faring master mariners...in my Irish family. One had his arm bitten off by a shark while in a small boat going to shore in the Dominican Republic....needless to say he died and left orphans ...his wife died two days later.

Father Brown...I haven't watched that in a while....I am going to watch the New Endeavor. Have you watched any of them?

How is Kim doing? and Haiti? I guess she will be going back to her fine art studies soon.

It is a grey gloomy day here....but we will get out for a little walk later on. max can't walk far because he has a sore knee. It seems to be getting better so i don't want to stress it.

Have a wonderful day,

Love, nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes dad had kidney stones and very painful
The morning it happened I had left for work
when Carol dropped by and found dad lying on the floor in pain.
She was able to take him to the hospital where he passed it.
He had another one on a trip to Saskatoon.

I had gall stones which are painful too.


take care.

love Beth