Tuesday, August 29, 2017

SURPRISE

What a lovely surprise when Cathy and Glenn brought over two quilts, lap size, for dad and I.

She has made them all herself and also made them for each child and grandchild.
It was an expression of gratitude for all the help we gave the family.

Cathy is now undertaking writing a book for her PhD.  They were going to see the professor at the college after their visit with us.

I think back to the years when I first met her as a struggling new mother with four other children.  Over the years we have prayed for each other.

Dad and I went to White Rock to see the Glass Castle.  The book was very touching told by a young girl with a dysfunctional family.  We left the movie about half way through as it was too violent and sad.  I had been looking forward to seeing it.  We ate out and then came home where dad is happy to be working and sawing on his deck.
  Phone call from Shawna and Lincoln.  His birthday will be at the park on Sat.
His favorite person is now batman.

"What if greater realities exist in our universe (or outside our universe) than we can actually understand, or comprehend or measure with only one part of our brain's hemisphere.

In other words what if God exists but our brains cannot comprehend the sheer magnitude of light and energy beyond the spectrum of any perceived reality."  Dr. Jay Lombard-a neuro scientist.

Yes I am back reading about the brain.  

Anyway I had a nice surprise today that made my day!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Did you think it was more violent then the book? I do not remember thinking that when I read it. Randy and I will be going on the 4th and being a union worker labour day is guaranteed to be an actual day off for him.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I put a better picture on.

Yes I thought it was and uglier.

Phone call from Shawna and Lincoln.

Good to have talk.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Often I find it easier to read about violent and unpleasant things rather than to watch them in a TV program or movie.

Love,

Rick