Saturday, August 19, 2017

CONFIDENT

                                             Confident in her daddy's strength and love!

Getting to know Grandpa Bennett.  
At first she just stayed by my chair looking at him
but he played with her toys and that made his okay.

Both dad and Rick were confident about their work.  Rick interviewing Crystal with many questions and dad taking out aboard from the front steps.  This was after getting some new wood and then trying a new coat of paint.

I used to think that I would have liked to be a legal secretary and I was confident I could have done it very well.  At least I got to make tea and sandwiches for one, even if he is our son.

Rick will continue his questioning and dad and I are driving to Chilliwack at the invitation of Des. and Jason.  They have twins and a four year old daughter.  We have not seen them in a long time. 

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of it for another."  -Charles Dickens

2 comments:

Sandra said...

When are you going out to Chilliwack? Will you spend the night?

The kittens slept in this morning but Peanuts bladder infection had her up at 5 am. The anti biotics she has to take have to be made up at a compounding pharmacy and so can not get them till today.

I hope they work fast.

nancy-Lou said...

Such love in their faces....beautiful photos of Rick and Ophelia and with her Dad too. She is such a dainty little girl isn't she?
My goodness I do hope that Rick will feel better soon.....that sounds pretty serious. It takes a long time to have tests done here to. Waiting lists.

Aren't Sandra's kittens cute? She is such an angel to do that for the shelter. It would be a lot of work feeding and cleaning after them.

I went to Winnipeg with our son, Bob today. he is moving from the house he built for he and his wife 25 years ago and he needed to arrange for a rental truck from U Haul and he bought a lot of boxes. i bought two boxes to put my china in. Just want to make room for the piano that belonged to his wife. Melodie passed away almost 5 years ago. From Cancer. Miss her every day. So it is sad that he has to leave the house, but he is starting a new life in Selkirk and a new job as well.
The highway was wall to wall cars because it was such a hot weekend...it was busy in the stores to because it was a pay day weekend as well.

I hope you had a good visit with your friends who live in chilliwack.

Well I am off to take the dogs for a walk before dark. I have to be alert because I saw a Fisher crossing the road nearby....they wouldn't take on a dog...but they do kill house cats. There are a couple of bears around as well. Natural Resources put a bear cage near where we live..but I don't worry too much about them...they just take a look a beat if off into the bush. When they stand up on their hind legs and woof...then I do get a little concerned and back away....backwards...talking to them.

Have a good evening,
Nancy