Monday, August 28, 2017

TASKS

Early in the morning and the sun is shining and the air is cool.  I know that if I am going to get any tasks done it will have to be first thing.  Lots of watering and then a walk over to the store.  It was already getting hot.

Dad has out one section of his front deck up and as you can see the chair looks out over the street now.  His task was to get some more boards.  He left the same time I did but the boards seemed heavier and he had to really struggle to get them in the car.  They are now here and unloaded but it is too hot to do anything.  We are keeping our tasks simple today.

Even the shade deck is hot with little breeze.

I was reminded of the fact as I watch the news about the flooding in Texas, that suffering and disasters can hit any where.  It is sad beyond belief to see all the flooding that is forcing people to flee from their homes.   Everyone looks calm but they must be having feelings of panic and despair. despair.

Again we see people helping people.  Each one has a task to do as they try to rescue those trying to escape the rising flood waters.

The world is full of suffering souls  and each one of us know the times we have gone through personal suffering.  Our task is to help those we can by listening and caring and sharing.

5 comments:

Carol said...

The deck looks great.

Sandra said...

Indian food does not use soya sauce, most of it will be gluten free.

I will make something plain for you and dad.

Of course Crystal is more than welcome, I would have assumed she had already been invited.

It was just too hot yesterday, I believe today is going to be the same.

Brittany from the animal shelter is trying to get the kittens homes by this weekend, that is good as I would hate to keep the locked up the day of the party but not sure I could trust people to keep the doors closed.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't it sad to watch the tv newscasts about the flooding in Texas and feel so helpless as t being able to do anything. I wish we could take in a family...but too far away. it brings tears to my eyes to see the people so desperate and afraid.
One has to wonder why the city and state were not more prepared....why didn't they order the city to evacuate and make arrangements for those who had no transportation. Where is the national guard? You would think they would have learned something after the devastation of Hurricane katrina and New Orleans.

Oh boy..those are such cute little kittens, Sandra. I think they will go quickly. Hope so! You have done such a wonderful thing, once again...I admire you greatly!

My poor cat is not well at all and I am debating calling the vet. He has lost so much weight over the last few months and is skin and bone. he is 14. He had an injury to his hip or back when he was hit by a car before we adopted him and I think it is really bothering him. He cannot walk well and cannot jump at all. Poor Gilbert. I do what I can for him.

It sounds like there will be a party at Sandra's for the birthdays....is it East Indian food for the menu? Lots of fun and games for the Bennett's once again and pool time as well. What a wonderful family you are.

we are off to Winnipeg tomorrow to do some errands and grocery shopping. Hoping for a cooler day.

Have a great day,

Love, nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy I was having the same thoughts as you about the flooding.

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Yes another party is being planned and hopefully every one will help.

Sandra do not worry about me and dad.
We do not eat much and a little rice and I can bring a little salad just for us.

Take care

love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

And you could actually try some of the Indian food. It is not all particularly spicey hot.