Monday, August 21, 2017

MISFIT

The misfit lives in fear and doubt feeling awkward and unwanted!

I felt like an misfit on Saturday. Both dad and I are awkward and tend to stumble.  We grab the nearest chair as our legs our weak from the drive and the climb up the big steep driveway. of their new home.  Inside the doorway another long flight of stairs awaited us.  At the top we both fell into the nearest chair which was on the sundeck.

My clothes were all falling this way and that and I felt like a misfit and also every one else was more casual.  Dad was looking good and everyone was pleased to see us.  It had been an effort.

I am reminded that it is important to welcome people to our home because it is easy to feel uncomfortable.  We have a wonderful, noisy happy family and may at times be intimidating.
Crystal seemed to fit in just fine!

I started writing this Sat. when I arrived home.  Now it is Monday.

Dad is making a great racket fixing the front stairs and I cleaned up around the house.  I had a short walk around the block and hope to do better to-morrow.


When I think of the way Jesus treated people it appears that he was speaking to those who felt like they were misfits.  People who were worn out, exhausted, heart broken, crippled, blind and deaf,
feeling like losers who have been mistreated and are not only poor but live in a country that is under the power of another country.  This causes fear if they do not obey their captives.

He gave them words to live by and the truth to believe in themselves.  He healed and he delivered them from evil spirits.  They had a much better vision of them selves and the needs of others.

Faith in the love of Jesus that lives on in my heart has helped me to over come loneliness and fear.




2 comments:

Sandra said...

Don't forget to email me the picture of Adena and Riley.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I forgot.
Keep reminding me.

love mom