Sunday, August 20, 2017

TOGETHER

Our afternoon was spent as we gathered around the outdoor table.
I had asked people to come over and was very happy when Sandra and Randy showed up.
We had just finished eating with Crystal and Rick but fortunately had saved room for the cake they brought over from their freezer.  I never thought of taking pictures as I was still eating.

I really believe that we human beings are social beings and we do better when we come together to share and interact.  

Dad and I did not make it to church but we were just too slow getting ready.
Belonging to a family and belonging to a church gives my life meaning and purpose.
Another week has gone by with pursuing our own activities.

It is almost impossible to become the person you were meant to be without having some of our rough edges rubbed off by those who know us best.  Each one of us has our own individual faults and flaws
that we can easily be blind to.  We learn by developing positive thinking and habits.  Our goal is to help one another by spending time together.
Ophelia likes climbing up the stairs but going back down is not so easy.

It is wonderful to have the generations come together in loving and caring relationships.

Jesus reminded us that the truth will set us free and it is learning to live out that truth we become the spiritual beings we have been called to be.  Each one of us is unique and special! !

Each one of us is us and we are all connected by our love and trust separated by fear and unforgiven.

5 comments:

craig decraene said...

Was great visiting with you guys as usual. Hope ll is well.

beth bennett said...

Thanks Craig.
I was thinking about the baby pick up.
If the day care people would let Ophelia stay until 4:30
we could pick her up and even wait here in the car till you arrived
at about 5.

Will talk to you on Friday.

Thanks for the visit!

Love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Good family times again! My goodness you are so blessed with having so many family members near by who stop in for visits. It is so nice to see you enjoying your newest Granddaughter often..little Ophelia. She will be right at home with you now because she sees you often. No making strange.

Were you able to view the eclipse? We have cloud and rain here, which is just fine with us because we don't want to view it without having the appropriate glasses. We saw it in 1979, which was a total eclipse here.

I am planning another workshop for this coming weekend. A card making one. Two friends want to do something too...so we will see if it is a "GO". Always something to keep my mind working and young at heart! I do love to teach.

I miss seeing photos of Haiti....of course I am a big dog lover! My two are wanting to go for a walk...so off I go!

Oh yes, please tell Jane that I think of her and keep her in my prayers. I hope she feels better soon. Dealing with a family member who has Alzheimers is an awfully hard thing to do.

Have a wonderful day,
Love, NANCY

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy
I just talked to Jane and she is worn out.
I will tell her next time.

Larry is worried about carrying Ophelia from the car into the house.

Craig and Leah know and have been concerned too.

Larry is stumbling more and more.

I really want to help this young couple
and she is no trouble once she is in the house.
Of course she takes all my energy and attention.

Leah is hoping and I am praying she will get one job
that is 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.
Now she works at two or sometimes three places and
it is a long day for her.

We both need our naps when we can get them.

Love Beth

The heat and being pregnant and the traffic does not help.

nancy-Lou said...

Awe..sorry to hear that Larry is stumbling more and sorry to hear that you are growing weaker too, in walking. Getting old isn't easy, that is for sure. I see this in Carl too. I wonder if Larry had a little stroller he could put Ophelia in, from the car seat to the house...if that would help? Gosh I wish I lived close by and I would help out! That is such a kind thing to do for Craig and Leah ...and it is good for you both as well.

Carl has to hang on to doorways etc and walking from the car to doctor appointments at the hospitals isn't easy either. I don't know how much longer he will be able to do that I cannot push him in a wheel chair. He is far too heavy.

I will keep Leah in my prayers for an 8 hour job...she must be awfully tired being pregnant too and having a young baby. When is she expecting?

Take care everyone....nice to chat Beth!

Love to all
Nancy