Thursday, August 24, 2017

THE VISITS


Yes dad and I enjoyed our visit with Oliver.  There was a lot of catching up to do.  He is on holidays for awhile and then back to work up north on the McKenzie River. He works very long hours at a demanding job and is hopeful that he will get on the Coast Guard as a first mate.  He will be going back to school when he returns home in December.  There they sat shoulder to shoulder telling adventurous stories.  The visit soon ended as he had others to visit.  We appreciated his thoughtfulness in spending time with us,

I have great memories of him when he was little and I helped to look after him.

After he left we sat outside and read and dad did his puzzles.  I fell asleep.

Then we had another visit from a new young girl who I believe may have moved into Gundy's house.  She came to apologize for not cleaning up after her dog.  I had left a sign on the lawn because others have been doing this and I was annoyed.  Too bad to meet a new neighbor this way but how nice of her to cone and tell us it was her.

I will visit the eye doctor to-morrow and then after I have glasses will be legal to drive.

We look forward to Rick's visit on the 4th for Ophelia's birthday.  I will make sure he has some pain pills as kidney stone attacks are dreadfully painful.  Did he tell his doctor about these I wonder.

We finished the day with a trip to Shoppers which has become our Thursday outing.

Our lives are a precious gift and every visit warms our hearts with love and thankfulness.

We are not here by accident but by some divine design which I believe includes a spiritual purpose to help each other find their path through life.

My day ended by reading the comments on my blog which I feel are like visits too!

Oliver leaves with a quick wave as he walks to his truck!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I can't wait to retire and have a fun life like you guys do. I had a painfully slow day at work with not enough to do to keep my busy, hardly awake at times.

I bet you will get very nice glasses, I will have to try and find my perscription so I can go get mine too.

We almost got to sleep in today, but the kittens were playing in their room and stepped on the alarm clock and made it go off. Peanut was up in the middle of the night, took her for a pee and gave her a pain pill. Seemed to help.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Last early shift today , thank God. Family movie night tonight ( matthews idea ) my choice for the movie. still cold here , spring starts next week..yippee . I watched
the Canada vs Mexico little leauge game. Dissapointing in the end .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes there are some good things about getting older.
Thank goodness.
I am thankful we do not have pets to need attention.

Does family night at the movies mean you go out?

I want to see the Glass Castle but it is not on here. in Surrey.

I am glad it is Friday too.

Love mom