Thursday, September 14, 2017

FLEXIBLE

I discovered that in being flexible life continues to have even deeper meaning and freedom.
So there is a freedom that comes  when we are willing to be flexible~

I was feeling sad about not going to Kamloops as I felt like getting away and seeing  how Rick was doing, but I realized it was more important to get my final eye test.  It may be too late anyway but I will send the letter away and see what happens.  Rick coped fine and just wanted to rest and heal.

Feeling inwardly overwhelmed

Dad's friend Larry phoned from Saskatoon where he was having supper with another friend Don.  It would have been nice to be there too.  So we decided to make the best of a lovely day and go out to lunch!

We drove to the North View Golf  course where the beauty that surrounds you is comforting.  We ate outside and watch the golfers slowly making their way to the end of the course.  I think of dad's mom who loved to golf and did so every day after she retired.

When we arrived home our neighbor Todd came to borrow some tools so we were happy to lend him what we had.  He was the one who helped fix the back door.

Learning to be flexible does not come easy but things always work out for the best in the end.
Eventually it may teach us the joy of loving and serving others.
Faith needs to be flexible too!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Flexible...a good title to your life lately, Beth! Some of us don't mind changes and go with the flow and others find changes very difficult.
it is good to hear that Rick had the surgery so soon after his scan and now he can focus on healing.
Be sure and take it easy Rick...it takes time to feel good. I remember my brother in law when he had the surgery. I wish you quick healing so you are right back to your old self and feeling good.

Maybe you and Larry would enjoy a visit in Saskatoon with your old friends? You could fly there for a few days.

What is happening with Ophelia? Are you not caring for her for a little while each work day? I miss seeing photos of her. Haiti too...she always seems to pose for her photos.

I am just going to make a death by chocolate zucchini loaf cake...I have made this recipe before and know it will disappear quickly. I have three zucchini from my garden so will make more for the freezer or a double batch.

It is a good baking day...rain on the way and lots of it to answer my prayers...we have a dug well with cribbing and it relies on an underground stream. The water table is quite low because it has been a very dry summer. Also the shrubs and trees are wilting due to the dryness. And there is the danger of forest fires as well. So cool and wet weather are fine.

The huge rummage sale that is put on by our community club is tomorrow. People line up in a huge long line and have to wait for up to 30 minutes to get in the door. it is so popular. A lot of work for the ladies, but well worth it for the club. I won't go but gave them some things that I am clearing out.

I made cabbage roll soup yesterday and we will have it for lunch. I always make it the day before because it tastes so much better the next day. There is enough for an army so I will be able to freeze some. I freeze it in one serving sizes in the cups they use for socials and then pop it out and put in baggies. Easy to take out one or two and heat them in the microwave.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your driving licence Beth...that must be a worry for you. I cannot imagine not being able to drive.

Have a great visit with Panteli and Sandra. Have Carol and Panteli sold the house? What has happened with Kim? Where will she live?

Love,
nancy

+

beth bennett said...

I do miss Ophelia but it has been decided it is to much for us to pick her up from day care.

Anytime they want to drop her off we are available and love to look after her.

We miss Haiti too.

We are not able to fly for several reasons.

Carol and Panteli's house has not sold. Kim will be living there with a friend and also Ben is living there as it is easier for him to bus to UBC.

Our lives are very quiet now.

I am fighting with ICBC because they have not waited for the 30 days as promised.
I have done all that is required and I told them I consider myself legal.
I expect a nasty reply.
I do not want to drive a lot but still want to do my short trips.

Glad to hear you are getting rain.
It is dry here too.

Love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Oh that is good, Kim and Ben are living at the house along with a friend. I guess Haiti too! You must miss your walks with her.

I think you should check with ICBC before you drive just in case you do not have a licence....you don't want to get in trouble. I do hope that you are cleared for a drivers licence once they receive the optometrists report on your eyes.

Thanks for letting me know,
Love Nancy