Thursday, September 7, 2017

HELPLESS

There are times in life when one feels so very helpless.

I think also we take so much for granted without thinking about our blessings.

Our heart keeps beating and our lungs keep breathing and our eyes keep seeing etc. etc.

Yet we are helpless over nature which has the power to destroy all we have gained.

I feel the most helpless when my children or grand children are sick or unhappy.

I think that everyone should have two kidney's but the news that Rick got from the doctor was that he only has one.  He was shaken by the news as dad and I also were.  How can this be?  Surely it was not from birth?  Was it destroyed by a serious illness years ago?  We do not know.  The blood test he had today should help find out if the one kidney is working.  He will have to have more tests and see an urologist, hopefully in the near future.

His health has been very poor or the last few months.

This is unbelievable!

I usually am comforted by the fact that others have been through this too, unless it is one for Ripley's Believe it or Not, so Rick will also come through this.

I believe that the power of prayer will give us all strength and courage.



4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, this will get sorted as well.

I hope. :)

Love,


Rick

beth bennett said...

Let us know.\\\\

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Oh my goodness, that is a bit of a shock for Rick and you as well! I know someone who was born with one kidney and she has done well, actually never had a problem and is about 45 now.
So I hope that the news is good for Rick too, that he will get good care and be back to feeling well soon. Keeping him in my prayers.

I have friends who own five homes in Naples, Florida and they are going to get hit hard with the hurricane tonight and tomorrow. some of the homes are along canals...so any storm surge will mean a lot of damage. They are rental homes and high end ones....the fifth is their own home. they and their son and his family escaped this morning and are in a high rise hotel in Miami. The Father took their large dog our for a walk and they both blew over in a wind gust...he almost landed on top of the dog. So they too, are in my prayers.

I am thankful that we live in the prairies away from hurricanes and earth quakes...and I do like the four seasons...even winter.

How are you feeling Beth? Are you able to resume your walks? Are you getting stronger? I sure hope so, I know how much they mean to you. Is your bladder infection getting better?
Did they put you on that awful sulpha drug that many cannot tolerate?

How is Larry doing? Are his feet and legs really sore? I guess it is some kind of neuritis?

I noticed that the underbrush and a few trees are starting to change colour....fall is arriving. I will spend a lot of time out in the garden tomorrow, bringing in the house plants and making sure they don't bring in bugs with them..tidying up the vegetable gardens. I have some Jalepeno peppers that are looking for a home...no takers yet! Maybe I will put an ad on facebook.
We have been eating tomatoes from the garden for about 6 weeks and there still are more to come. I have given away a lot too. My cucumbers were awful...the wrong kind...spiny and bitter.

I hope you both have a lovely day and get an opportunity to sit out on the new front deck that Larry built. Good for you Larry keeping active and doing a lot around the house. I wonder if I can borrow you for a few days?

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy.

We are thankful for the rain but it does seem cold and damp.

We were shocked by the news about Rick but do hope they ca
find out what is causing his pain and fatigue.

Larry's pain is neurophy.

He works hard and then it gets worse.

The pills make me feel sick but I can rest and take it easy.

Short walks.

Love beth