Sunday, September 3, 2017

HOME

It is hard to capture the size of our new deck.

It is now an important feature of our home.

Dad and I decided to not attend church today because of the big family party at Sandra and Randy's.

Church for me as always seemed like a sacred place where I could go to find God.  I now realize that God is at home in my heart and where ever I dwell.

I feel so badly about the people who have lost their homes in disasters.
Devastation that destroys the feeling of security and safety, also all their hopes and dreams.

I loved my home growing up and felt I belonged in my family.

Home has become for me a sacred place that everyday I thank God for.

"Humans are never so much at home as when God dwells there."
Diana Buther Bass

Home is a place to welcome family and friends!  Thanks Sandra and Randy 

3 comments:

Carol said...


I hope you had a nice time at Sandra and Randy's. the photos that I saw on Facebook so far looked really lovely. Nice that Rick took the lead on helping Sandra with setting up and food and stuff. Ophelia is lucky to have such a loving Grandpa.

Sandra said...

I guess today will be a rest day for you and dad? Don't forget to put dads shoes outside to drive in the sun.

The clean up will continue for us today, but I generally just piddle away at it off and on.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes dad's shoes are in the sun!

Rick HAS JUST LEFT.

We went out for breakfast.

Not much food in the house.

Love mom