Tuesday, September 5, 2017

WAITING

     
                                                                                         The moon from our porch. 
 Waiting got the hot air to cool down.
Waiting in the morning for the slightest breeze but the air just felt warm and heavy.
Meanwhile in Melbourne it is cold and windy and may even snow.

I am waiting and hoping and praying that things will be worked out peacefully with Korea.

Dad and I spent Monday evening waiting at the emergency.  The bladder infection was getting worse and dad did not want me to wait until the next day to contact the doctor.

Waiting and watching others who are waiting, weary and sick.  An older man with scruffy dark clothes came in and I could smell the liquor on his breath.  Another old man was leaving the waiting area and could not get his back pack tired on.  The scruffy guy volunteered to help.  It was touching.

What a contrast between the sick man with his back pack and the young children so happy and excited to go to school.  

Waiting for people to understand me and to live by the golden rule.  
It does not always happen and all I can do is try to change my attitude.
I want to feel loved and accepted and understood.

The greatest gift we can bring to our relationships is one of forgiveness and unconditional love.

Hurt people hurt others.
Careless words from caring hearts can be c=very painful.

A wise man reminds us of the injunction to live by grace.

Of course I can never really feel what another feels when my own emotions and attitudes get in the way.

I want to be healthy and it annoys me when I feel stressed and unwell.

Where does the energy go and how do I get it back.
Waiting for others to change is not helpful.
I will try to live with a more gentle spirit as I rest up and get better.

                                                                                  

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Waiting is usually no fun. Now we have to wait for the smoke to clear again.

My MRI went really well, I took Ativan before leaving home and I asked him to put a cloth over my eyes. I was just about a sleep when he finished. Got home about 11. We were lucky though and did not have to pay for parking as two separate people were leaving as we arrived and offered us their tickets.

Randy was home today and got more of the painting done. He bought the thing like dad has and it worked well to get up around the eves.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I am glad your test went well we do learn how to do these tests better.

Glad the painting went well too.

I will write on my blog now I think.

Love mom