Friday, September 22, 2017

NOISIER


I had no idea how noisy the world is.  There was sound all around me.  I could hear leaves falling and people walking up behind me and the rattle of paper etc.  Dad and I went to get our new hearing aids put in today.  Dad seems to have his adjusted to his satisfaction and finds it too quiet when he takes them out.  I am still learning.  We go back in two weeks.  She is a lovely young lady who seems to really care.

We are in fact retraining the brain.  Boy I need that.  We can hear each other better and the T.V. is turned way down.  It will be a test for our Net Flicks viewing.

How wonderful to be able to hear and to make sense of what we are hearing.  We all have our stories to tell. 

It is sad to hear those in power abusing language to stir up hate and violence.

In stead their is a potential to use our word so alter our existence and the existence of those around us.
It is important to be able to give and take and learn the language to communicate with others.

I think that we can hear God speak and direct our thoughts toward others.

Part of our story is learning the language of love, the language of God!

Dad and I are both hearing new sounds and saying "did you hear that?"

5 comments:

Sandra said...

This will be interesting to see you two with hearing aids in. Are they in both ears? Are you doing a free trial?

Saw Dr Nolte yesterday, just a couple of places with calcium build up on my shoulder. He did another cortisone shot and it will be just a mattering of rebuilding the strength back up since I have taken so much time off of excersizing.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

The sound of leaves falling? I wouldn't have thought that leaves falling made too much noise.

I suppose this means I should get hearing aids. At our big quarterly meeting yesterday there were several jokes made around the big boardroom table that I didn't laugh at just because I couldn't hear them.

I continue a rather slow recovery from the kidney stone surgery.

I think Craig sent me a nice little video of Ophelia walking. Or maybe that was you?

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that great! You both got hearing aids and they are working well for you. I know I have hearing loss in my right ear. Keep putting off going for tests. I notice that I cannot hear what is being said in noisy environments like Walmart. Just part of getting older I guess.
have fun listening to all the those wonderful sounds!

We had quite the series of thunderstorms roll through about suppertime and they last into the night. They were dangerous due to the hail and strong winds. The leaves were flying sideways and the trees are almost stripped of leaves now.
It is very unusual to have a thunderstorm this late in the season. Lots of rain too and it leaked into our veranda. it is a good thing we are having the shingles replaced soon.

How is your garden Beth? is it starting to get ready for the colder months? Mine is slowing down with the cooler weather now. I will lift the bulbs, corms and tubers later in October and bring them into our cool crawlspace. I have some geraniums that I bring in too and htye are huge...they are about three years old and put on such a wonderful display each summer.

hmmm gluten in yogurt? Now I will have to read labels on yogurt as well.

I would like to work outside today but it is a cold and gloomy day and there isn't much I can do when it is so wet. So maybe make a pot of soup and watch the blue jays game.

Have a wonderful day,

LOve, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick that sounds like you may need hearing aids.
We have a two month trail.

Nancy my garden needs continual cleaning up but I have let it go.

The wheat was added to the yogurt and I did not read it.
I often go shopping with out glasses not a good idea,

Hamlet is here and I was thinking it would be nice to have them over
but I thought they would be too busy so I would not ask.

They are coming and bringing supper so that is great! !

The wind is cool. I am now hear all the bees buzzing around me when I do a bit of weeding and dead heading. I never worried about them before.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Now isn't that a lovely surprise. Having a visit with Hamlet and Kim and they bringing supper too! You guys have the best family! they are so kind and caring. of course I don't have to tell you that..I am sure you know!

have a great time with "the kids"!

Love to all,
NANCY