Monday, September 18, 2017

RESTLESS

A cold and dreary day.
                                             Haiti is restless waiting for me to get ready for our walk.

It would have been a dull day for me if Haiti had not joined me for several walks.
A little boy about 4 wanted to pet Haiti but I told him she was afraid of children.
He replied he was not afraid of dogs but he ran away anyway.

It helped that our neighbor Todd dropped in for a visit too.

Then the wasps that are very restless kept flying in our door.
I was able to help them find the way out.

Kim also dropped in to look up something on our computer.
She is restless because she cannot take her pottery class as they are putting in new equipment and making them lose precious time waiting.  The students if they had known would have taken another course.

Saint Augustine believed that God has created us to be in a relationship with Him and we are restless until we find rest in Him.  Although there is truth in this some days we just do not feel a sense of peace.

I think our brains require the stimulation of being with others and finding our way during times of dissatisfaction and restlessness.

"The brain tries to find order in a complex and often chaotic universe."  -Dr. Jay Lombard.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Are you trying to catch up on your blogs by doing more than one in a day?

Did Hatei stay over night?

Broke a tooth and have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon. I will try and drop by with some eggs for you. A man at my work has started raising chickens.

Got caught in a downpour last night, when I started walking with Peanut it was just spitting, by the time I got home it was pouring and I was soaked through as I did not wear a rain coat.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Haiti looks so cute sitting on one step with her legs on the lower one. My dogs do that too! I am so glad that she came over for a visit and took you for a couple of walks! she looks to be getting grey on her muzzle just like my dogs...well Bella only is grey on her chin, but Max has a lot of grey and white on his face now. They will be 10 in January. Lots of good years left.

We are expecting severe thunderstorms later on this evening and we just dug out a trench along our house where it was rotting to repair it and the drain pipe comes down there...oh boy! So I have to go our and fill it in again and try and run the water off with some kind of spout. hmmmmmm. It is odd to have a thunderstorm this late in the year and especially a severe one. It is cool...15 degrees. Lots of instability in the air I guess and it is humid. My arthritis is complaining!

I have two new piano students starting lessons on Monday and I am excited to be meeting them and teaching them. they are 7 and 9...good ages to start. Once they are 12 or so they have the inhibitions of adults and their fingers are not as dexterous...believe it or not!
I couldn't imagine a year without piano students. Love to teach.

I hope your driver's licence is re-newed Beth. Is there any word yet?

our Granddaughter had a good visit with us yesterday. She stayed for supper and we had her Dad as well...Mark our son. He was happy to have his supper made for him after a hard day at work. he was installing beams in a home...heavy work. Lots of renovations to do there and the people are super nice. it is a pleasure to work for them. They have bought some of Carls left over stock from when he was in business. Which is a big help to us!

It was another good day today wasn't it?

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes it turned out to be a good day except for Sandra getting soaking wet and breaking a tooth'
That is an awful feeling.

Haiti did not get to sleep over. Kim came and picked her up.

Time to get out our warm rain wear.

Nancy you live in a very interesting place.

Children and grand children certainly make our day brighter.

Love mom