Sunday, September 10, 2017

JUST FINE


When people ask me how I am I have decided to answer just fine.  Most people do not really care as everyone has there own problems.  I feel if you are coping and keeping your head above water just fine is a good answer.

It may seem strange to say we can take refuge in our suffering, or in our incompleteness with a open heart and mind.  This allows us to learn lessons of wisdom and compassion.

"Everyone and everything is in the process of manifesting its soul."

My only hope is that gradually we can become more of a blessing to those around us even though they may not understand us.  It is an effort worthy of our patience and our attention.

I did drive to church but on the road cars were racing all around me and passing me.  Not going to church.  Dad's eye looks ugly with a growth protruding right in the corner.  His eye is also painful along with his feet.

God according to the message I heard is calling to dance spiritually embracing both the joys and sorrow of life.

Communion for me was a time of receiving a blessing that continually flows from Jesus as we celebrate his life and his death!  Jesus will always be on the side of the oppressed and abused and he calls us to be one with him in this ministry.

Yes so I left church knowing I am just fine!


6 comments:

Sandra said...

Good to hear you are fine, we will drop by sometime today and hopefully catch you at home.

craig decraene said...

I like that picture, where is this?

nancy-Lou said...

Very artsy photo Beth. The weeds are so pretty against the backdrop of the water. Where did you take the photo?

You are right....it is just a habit that people have when they meet and they ask, " how are you"? They really do not want to know. I have a friend whom people have learned NOT to ask her, "how are you" because she will go on and on for hours...about things that no one should really even talk about too! I think family really do care and want to know how we are feeling though.

It was piano moving day and my sons brought me our Daughter in Laws piano. she passed away five years ago and now my son is moving so he gave me the piano. It fits in just fine on the large living room wall and I will be able to use it for teaching in the cold winter months when it is really cold downstairs. I won't have to heat the downstairs much at all now. It was quite an ordeal to get the piano here...took four strong men and some ramps but it worked out just fine. I had a cold beer for them afterwards. Got to visit with them as well...two are neighbours and it is nice to see them.

It was 30C today and humid...not my kind of day and I thought we had left summer heat behind now...but we are in for a few more days like this...the cottagers loved it and the lake was very low so the beaches were huge.

So sorry to hear that Larry has a growth on his eye that is painful too. Can the doctors take it off? Poor guy has to suffer with those painful feet as well.

good to hear that you are back to walking even if it is only short walks. Beth. it keeps one strong to walk. Good to hear that you are driving too....

Well I am going to go and start a new book. I finished the last of the Kate Morton books, the House at Riverton and it seemed to take forever to get through it. It was the first one she wrote and was disjointed...hopped all over the place and was hard to follow. But I persevered. I wouldn't recommend it, but I loved her other three books.

I am starting a book written by David Baldacci called No Man's land...very different from what I have been reading. fast paced and a mystery.

what are you reading Beth?

Have a lovely evening,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Wow how great to have a piano but the moving is so difficult.

Larry helped a neighbor move a piano up the back stairs and
it was a scary business.

I am reading "Peace Like a River" about a Christian family who
experience miracles even in the worst circumstances. The elder
son has become a run away because he shot and killed two boys
who were bullies. The family is also out looking for him.

I am reading "Radical Gratitude" in the morning knowing I need to be
more thankful in all situations.

Love beth

Anonymous said...

At the end of summer ,your lake looks very green and the grass rather brown. I guess you are getting a bit of rain now. Sorry to hear about Dads eye ,I hope he can get it operated on.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes everything looks dry.

Hope you are all feeling a bit better.

Did you run into a kanagroo?

Dad will have a decide what he wants to do about his eye.

My computer is still not working right.

O well.

Love mom