Monday, November 13, 2017

EASY?

Sometimes in life you can feel like you are just barley managing to hold on.
Most days are good but  some days are not easy.
So we hang on and find new strength!

Teamwork is important.   I brave the cold wind and wet snow to get a few groceries while dad cooks.
The wind is huffing and puffing try to creating chaos with branches being blown down, and maybe even loss of power.  Time for candles and matches. 

How did I deal with my diagnoses?  I believed it was an answer to prayer., after any years of feeling hopeless.  I was happy to look for recipes and read up on this strange disease I had never heard of.  It seemed strange to think that even a crumb could damage my villi.  I felt  like I was being given a new hope and courage.

The trouble was there was misinformation about what was gluten free.  When I returned to the doctor my blood test showed great improvement but the iron was still low.  I was better but still felt tired.  As the iron dropped even lower I had a hysterectomy and later  my gall bladder removed.  I had the love ans support of dad which was good.  

It is not as easy as you may think but neither is being patient and loving.

It is easy to lose hope but then we find it again.

Healing is in the choices we make daily.  

I became susceptible to cheating a little bit here and there.   Now I am really being serious and my cupboard always holds gluten free goodies.  I am thankful I can eat fruit and vegetables but have to be careful with spices etc.

It is an expensive change when shopping for flour or gluten free baked goods.  We have looked into tax cuts too.

"Hope never abandons you
You abandon it."
-- George Weinberg

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Still working on the Christmas lights yesterday. It was cold and windy and lots of the strings from last year we could not get working. I hate these new ones that if one goes out the whole string does. Randy was ready to go through them one by one but I just put them in the garbage.

So we took them off the tree and fence and shuffled everything round and should have enough anyways.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

It probably was not easy but good to have them ready to shine.

Lov emom

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, Celiac Disease was something I never heard of either, years ago. they called it Sprue. The only reason I know that is because I knew someone who had been terribly sick and was thin as a rail...a young nurse. Once they diagnosed her and she stuck to the diet she has been fine all these years. But is was called Sprue. I hadn't heard of that either.

But these days it is far more common for us to hear of gluten sensitivity ...and Celiac Disease. I think the modified grains cause it. Monsanto came out with that genetically altered grain seed that included the weed killer in it. The plants can cross pollinate with other grain fields that don't use that type of seed. Many countries in Europe have banned the genetically altered seeds.

Yes, some days can be hard, can't they? But it seems there usually is a bright light to cheer us up.

A young friend of mine had endured a hard day and her little girls were acting out while she was putting them to bed...she was a little short with them and all of a sudden one of the started to sing a song, the Mother would sing to her girls to calm them down and she put her arms around her mom. then the other little girl started to sing and hug her too.
I loved this story and thought I will remember it for those hard days.

The roofers are not finished yet. it was a very noisy day with pounding and loud noises of things being dropped on the roof. The budgies were scared and I moved them to a room that was the quietest. Bella was nervous a couple of times...but I just had her sit with me. Max....well he relaxed through it all, sleeping on his back with his feet in the air!

I hope you have a better day tomorrow Beth. I send you hugs and love too....think of a song you like and sing it quietly to yourself....

They say we may have rain in the next couple of days and that is not good...it will freeze and make it slippery for all winter. Also crusts the snow and the deer and other animals can cut their legs. We would rather it stay cold than warm up above 0C.

I guess I had better put out my Christmas lights too....I just do two trees now. One blue and one white. we call them winter lights and leave them on until the end of January.

I hope you have a good sleep and feel much better tomorrow,

Love, Nancy