Saturday, November 11, 2017

REMEMBRANCE

Remembrance day has always been important to Larry.  He remembers seeing his uncles off on the train.  His dad was very sad he was not going too.  He had bad feet I believe and it was not right for all three sons to go leaving his mom alone.

Grannie was a silver cross mother who laid a wreath having lost both her boys,

Dad and I have attended many services mostly in the cold and rain.  So very heart breaking and sad.
My dad lied about his age and signed up at 17.  A relative watched over him until the end of the fighting which came soon after wards.

We watch on T.V. now.  Dad is watching a show about the 2nd World War right now.  It was making me sleepy which T.V. can do.

I make a second cup of coffee and go out to do some raking. 
These leaves are hard to get to and will soon join the big pile that is growing. A huge pile has landed in the pond and the water is ice cold.  Dad will help after he has his breakfast but the day is saved by some heavy rainfall.   They will still be there for Monday. 

Sunday we go o Ben's game at U.B.C. and maybe have lunch with Theresa, Morgan and Ben before we head over to Sandra;s house to spend some time with Tasha.  She has lots of questions. 

Everything is dying in my garden except the plastic flowers.  I have to remember to remove them.

It is importance to share our experiences.

So tonight when we turn on the T.V. Heart  Beat will be on.

"Life is a path with many experiences.If they were all painless we would not have a way to measure our joy!"   -Marci


3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness it must have very hard for Larry's granny to lose two sons in the war.

People made great sacrifices. I am glad her last son was able to stay home.

My friend, Gina's Father killed in Belgium in 1942. She was born after he went overseas. She never knew him. I know it bothers her and his grave was never found. she went to Belgium looking for it, but didn't find out anything. She had a rough childhood, but turned out to be a very caring friend and had a good career as a nurse. When a child they were poor.

I played at many Remembrance Day services at school as did the bag piper. He used to scare the kids when he started up the pipes...the little ones jumped and one or two would cry....it was so loud and they weren't expecting it.

I think the garden plants are just going to sleep for the winter....that is what I like to think!

I will look forward to hearing about Ben's game today and your visit at Sandra's. Pictures too!

I am trying to convince my three Budgies to get back in their cage and they are ignoring me. I don't like to chase them around and frighten them. they sang up a storm today along with my CD player.

I haven't watched the show Heart Beat...but will give it a try soon. I have heard good things about it!

The roofers were here today and it is pretty noisy...especially on our open ceilings...but we will 'tough it out'. three days of noise...well two now! It will be good to have it done. Two nice young fellas, brothers. I made them cookies.

That is a true quote, Beth....life would be pretty boring without the 'yin and yang' of life.

I wish Tasha well in learning about Celiac Disease....I hope she can see a dietician.

One things to tell her is: to save her grocery receipts ( for gluten free things )and she can claim them on her income tax. I do that. I also claim for Depends (pullups) for Carl. They usually add up to $1,200.

Well off to clean up the kitchen from the roast supper.

Have a good evening,

Love, Nancy


Anonymous said...

We , the kids Melina and I , had our minute of silence at home. The kids did it at school on Friday at assembly. Very hot here today 33C. Melina went to work after a week off with flu.
Ken

beth bennett said...

It would seem Melina is feeling better and so is Mary.

love mom