Monday, November 27, 2017

VISIONS

Visions can be a glimpse of  another world waiting for us.

Become a part of the vision by entering the story, of the nativity, a loving couple sharing the joy of a new baby.  This is a time for faith!   Lots of happy creatures around.

It was sunny but cold today.  We are fortunate to have  farm fresh eggs delivered to our door ow!
Thanks Sandra for coming out in the cold.

Dad worked hard cleaning up the mess left by having our yard dug up to fix the water leak. 

  His arm are very sore and his feet are not getting any better it appears but it feels good to be keeping busy.  Still lots more to be done.

The pills are making him dopey so that is not good at our age or any age.

I want to start doing Christmas cards although I have cut back a lot.  It is more important to phone if possible to keep in touch.

I had a good visit with Theresa on the phone.  Both Morgan and Ben are doing well at school.  Both are keeping active with sports and Morgan will be singing in the choir at school for Christmas.

My computer will not download my pictures so I will need dad's help to see how we can fix it.

Our imaginations can bring to life new visions of hope and peace that is the longing of all our hearts.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry I could not stay and visit longer, getting busier now the year end is almost here. Everyone else in the companies work slows at this time of year, but not payroll.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we understand.

Love m0m

Anonymous said...

My work is not slowing it’s getting busier ✈️
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

I think the contractors who repaired your water line should have cleaned up the mess.

Our roofing fellows cleaned up as well as they could, but it rained and then a lot of shingles etc got stuck in the snow when it became cold overnight...so they have to come back in the spring. They are friends too, so I am assured they will!

So sorry to hear that Larry is having pain in his feet and now his arm too...that is awful. Especially if it is constant pain that gives him no reprieve. the pain builds and builds.
I guess the new medication isn't doing it's work for him, Darn it all.

I buy free range eggs from a butcher shop in Winnipeg and what a difference there is in the quality. They also only carry meat from Manitoba which I really like. And it is good meat. The best we have ever had. The chickens are so delicious too, but they are really expensive.

I am cooking a large turkey breast in the crock pot with dressing and cranberries. I have made it before and it is really good. Actually I put in two turkey wings as well...so we will have enough supper for a couple of days at least...likely more. it all depends on how much MR. sneaks to the dogs. I have to watch him!

My birds are out, sitting on top of the venetian blinds...looking so cute. They really like it out of the cage. they are getting to trust me now...hoping they will come and sit on my hand.

It is good to hear that Theresa and the kids are doing well.

We don't send Christmas cards anymore...but we still receive a few. The younger generation don't want to be bothered with sending them I guess and there aren't that many of us older generation to send or receive from.

It is another warm day, for us. I don't like it at all. It is starting to melt. messy and slippery on the roads and where we walk outdoors. I wish it would stay cold. BUT they say the Arctic air is on it's way next week. Maybe have to plug in the car for the first time this fall and winter.

Carl saw the rheumatologist and he is ordering the infusions for him. I hope it isn't around Christmas when the city is so crazy with traffic. Carl had to have a lot of tests to be sure he is strong enough to receive that drug.

I finished the second Louise Penny book...A Beautiful Mystery and have a new one called A Trick of the Light. Jut started it. I read until 12:30 the other night to finish the book. They get so darned good towards the end don't they?

I wish you a great evening...do you watch hockey? We will watch the Winnipeg Jets. They are doing really well this year...so far! many think they will go to the Stanley Cup. They have four strong lines. We will see!

Love, nancy

nancy-Lou said...

Carl was on a drug called Tramadol for his arthritis pain and to help him through surgeries. it is a narcotic...but one of the least problematic and it really helped him..a lot more that T3's. He only took it a short time, but it may be something Larry could ask his doctor about.

Just a thought...I feel so badly that he is suffering.
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy
Larry goes to the doctor to-morrow so he can ask.

The pain gets bad when he walks or stands
but eases up when he rests.
Sometimes bothering him at night too.

He may just up the dosage but we will see.

Love beth