Wednesday, November 1, 2017

LIGHT

I am up early in the dark waiting for the light.  Two men left last night promising to have our water line hooked up today.  I know the rain is coming but I hope not until the work is done.

Last night I was busy with our front porch at times crowded with strange creatures.  I am only too happy to get rid of the candy as the plain chocolate is too tempting for me, and for dad!

I was just about to turn out the porch light when I opened the door to a tall horrible creature.  He had an ugly mask and a body covered in mental and a claw for a hand.  He never said a word and I could not see his eyes.  He gave me the creeps.

I close the door quickly and do not even watch him leave.

The evening ended with the continual banging of fire crackers.  As a child there was the cracker that was the burning of the school house, a small little thing.  Would not be allowed today.

We are thankful for good neighbors who are always willing to help.

We want our home to be a place of safety and security,   warmth and love.
There continues to be more violence with tragedy in New York with a school bus the target.

Sometimes I feel a knot of fear that the world is just too full of darkness but the light dawns with the new day and I know I am surrounded with goodness.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

We had a wonderful short visit with Stephen, Shawna and the kids. It was great to see Lincoln walking with Grampie, not wanting to hold anyone else hand since Grampie was the coolest. Nice for Randy to finally get another chance to get out and show off all his hard work.

We left this morning in a horrible snow storm. Then the plane was late and took a long time on the tarmac to get de iced.

Any good news about your water line?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Touching moments you will remember. Sandra

Our water line is fixed.

Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Love mom