Thursday, November 9, 2017

SEEKERS

                                         Another cold day at the park.

My study group meet regularly, one with a walker another with a cane.  Yes we are seeking knowledge  but also friendship.  Jesus was a good example as he reached out to choose friends to walk with him and be his companions.  Yes we are not spring chickens more like vintage wine that improves with age!  One 90 year old has flaming red hair and dances with a stage group.
WE have all lived long enough to face many struggles and challenges.

Some of us have had unique experiences and been even guided out of danger by a voice prompting a sudden change in plans.  Life is not neat and tidy and controllable

God comforts and strengthens us so that we in turn can be a comfort and source of strength for each other.  We share and listen and pray for each other.

Dad is happy to have the car fixed as he would feel lost without his car.

I am thankful to know it is available for me too.

I first liked the author Louise Penny because she was Canadian but I skipped through her latest book just because I did not enjoy it that much.

I believe that one of the great needs in our world today is stability.

For me I am trusting Jesus to be my security in this life and the next!

Our bodies may be getting weaker but our faith shines with inner light of the Holy Spirit!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Got Marys flight booked today, she just has to work on being healthy now!

Lovely sunshine today, enjoy your walk(s).

Sandra

beth bennett said...

When is Mary coming? Good news.

Short walk, no Haiti, and leaves to be raked up.

Praying for Mary to regain her health and strength.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that wonderful! Mary and the children will be there for Christmas! What fun you will have. Happy for the Bennett family!

I see you didn't enjoy Louise Penny's newest book, Beth. Was it the one about Glass Houses?
I have only read one and I found there was a lot of dialogue and little action...the story was only set in two places and I found it rather boring, but toughed it out and all the interesting parts were at the end. I am attempting another, but may change to my historical novels that are based on history. I also have a good mystery book that moves along at a fast pace, if it is like any of his other books. David Baldachi is the author. The name escapes me!

Aged wine...hmmmm well I guess you say we are in that age group too! Carl will be 80 next year. He is really slowing down and getting his outdoor boots and clothes on are a real chore for him. I help him. He had to go out today and it was storming pretty good...but fortunately he only had to go to the top of our street to get some printouts from the Resource Centre. he drove.

Your bible study group sound like a motley crew....with red hair and dancing!

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day....a day we need to think about the sacrifices our men gave for our country. My dear cousin, Bob Johnson flew 32 missions in a Lancaster bomber over Germany. He was lucky to survive, many didn't. I lost him last year at age 90. Loved him a lot! My Uncle flew 32 missions in a spitfire..over Burma mostly and he survived too.
I don't think the younger generation really know what it was like to live through the war and what it was like to have family overseas, fighting for our country.
So many men served in the armed forces and I think it affected almost all families in some way.

Carl's Father was in the army and that meant Carl's Mother had to look after the mink....there were 1,000 of them that had to be fed once a day...that meant grinding up the food and then putting it in the mixer, then loading the cart and doling out the feed to each mink. Then they had to be watered...twice a day. of course the ranch had to be 'cleaned' on a regular basis too. It was grueling work for a young Mother...but she did it with no complaints. Her children were 5, 2, and a baby in 1941. They had no running water and only oil lamps for light after dark. Quite a responsibility. She was a wonderful woman.

My Father was in the army reserve because he was already 39 when the war broke out. He didn't go overseas. My Mom was on the rationing board. That was her service.

What are your stories Larry and Beth? I would like to hear them.

Have a good evening,
Love. nancy