Tuesday, November 21, 2017

MOTIVATION

A few Christmas decorations here and there motivate my thoughts toward Christmas that will be here sooner than expected.  The main thing for me is sending out cards and keeping in touch with family and friends.

I decided to get the blood test for celiac so I would be motivated to be even more careful.  We arrived in good time and there was so sign of Sandra.  I had to run to keep up with the nurse that showed me to the little tiny room.  Dr. Nolte seemed relaxed and pleased to see me.  I did not agree with his opinions about being gluten free but I could have said more but there is no need if I am doing well.

I walked home in the rain from the blood clinic and was thankful they took me without an appointment.  The girl that took my blood had never heard of celiac.  I was surprised because going gluten free is popular now.  My results were 0.5

Dad feels like he is getting a cold but his feet are not as painful but it will take time to figure out what his new pills are doing.  His one foot is a bit numb. 

We were happy to stay home and then watch hockey.

I had to work on my Bible study for our meeting to-morrow.  I am looking forward to being with the gang.  Doing the study motivates me to read scripture and try to figure out how it impacts my life.  There are no right or wrong answers to the questions but we learn from the answers others give.

Fear is not our motivation but a happy soul that enjoys life with others is.

"Invest your energy in what makes you happy
and do not worry about being right."
--Demi Lovato/

4 comments:

Carol said...

Does Dr Nolte not think you have celiacs? Doesn't the text require you to eat gluten for it to register or is there a new test now?

Sandra said...

Yes, I was wondering that too Carol. What did Dr Nolte say that you disagreed with?

I was very quick as I had to get back to work.

New moms and kittens are dong well. The kittens are sleeping under the bed where the mom can not get to so maybe she is lonely though.

They asked for Randys resume so a tiny step forward towards a new job with Westshore.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I guess the blood test for gluten sensitivity would show antibodies in your blood if you have strayed off your diet. When I was first diagnosed with Celiac disease my doctor told me that my blood tested very high for antibodies...and I had full blown Celiac Disease. I was very sick. Then last year, the same doctor did a colonoscopy and said I just had gluten sensitivity...go figure? I do cheat a little now....but get indigestion if I do too much cheating.
I will be interested in hearing what your doctor said and also the results of your blood tests, Beth.

How nice that Sandra has kittens and a mom again. How many kittens are there this time? How old are they? Any pictures?
How I would love to do that..but living out here it would require trips in to the shelter and vet trips etc and that just isn't feasable wih our older car and the winter roads.
Same as fostering a dog...one has to take them to the vet and to meet and greets etc.

I do hope that Randy is hired by the new company. I will keep my fingers crossed.

We were in Selkirk today and the highway was pretty good. Lots of ice in the passing lane at times...usually where it was open and the wind and snow polished the highway.
Shopped at the Walmart and shoppers Drugs.

Carl has an appointment with his rheumatologist for Monday. It will be dark when I drive home and our car is terrible for seeing with the headlights...don't know what the problem is. I think I will ask our nephew if we can borrow our van...the one he put a new motor in. He said we can borrow it anytime. it is a lot easier for Carl to get in and out of compared to that car...which is very low. I never like that car.
Carl will be having the drug Rituxan which entails two infusions that take 6 hours each. It is a dangerous drug and special permission has to be given by the pharmacare in MB for him to receive it as it costs $`12,000...yes that is twelve thousand dollars...for the two infusions. they approve it because the doctor recommends it for him. He has one of the worst cases of Rheumatoid arthritis in the province. The nurse has a crash cart right in the room when she administers the drug and she wears a suit like a hazmat suit...

I am glad to hear that the new drug has brought some relief to larry with the pain. I hope it keeps on giving him more relief.

Do you put up Christmas lights Beth? WE used to have a lot, but now I decorate the snowball bush and the Blue spruce and that is all. Carl untangled the lights in the kitchen and I put them on the trees. it was exciting waiting for dusk when the automatic timer turned them on. Carl's hands are so bad that he has a hard time dressing. I help him with his shoes and socks and any buttons. He did ok untangling the lights...took him a while.

I have to go and do the dishes..so will sign off!

Wishing you a good evening,

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

when will Carl get his treatment Nancy?

I do hope and pray it will help him.

Dr. Nolte talked about celiac as if I did not know stuff.

He said I could try eating a bit of bread for rughfage.

I waited for about 40 minutes in his office and I just wanted to get
the paper and leave.

We may put up a few lights outside and may a small tree inside.
Depends on how we feel.

Love Mom