Sunday, November 5, 2017

PRAYERFULLY


When I wrote the blog about what next I was thinking of adding Christmas on the end.
I guess Randy and Sandra are gearing up already.

My day began prayerfully as usual.
Lots to pray about in our families.
This is one thing I can do with all my heart and soul.

I was all dressed ready to leave for church when dad told me his stomach was upset so he would not go.  I did say a small prayer as I hoped into the car to drive.  The car knows the way and traffic was not a problem.

The sermon was called :The Transforming Power of Love."  It was about the crazy man who had demons so he was in need of deliverance and compassion.  Jesus showed us again how important it is to love the unlovable and the power of prayer to redeem and heal a sick man.

Coming home to hear of another shooting in a church in Texas reminds us of the power of evil to attach us even in places that should be safe and secure.  Pain and suffering is bringing that community together.  Why another tragedy?  Why did this young man kill Innocent people?  

This life seems full of answered questions.  No matter who we are or what we have accomplished there will be times in our life when we feel we are in a dark place.  Our hearts and prayers do go out to that community.

I believe in the transforming power of prayer that meets us in that dark place.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Just another sad day with more innocent people getting killed. Nothing will change, they will still be able to buy what ever weapons they want, that is the saddest part.

Randy and I got a lot done yesterday, lights around the house, garage door and front door. We were very cold by the time we finished. There was just that little bit of wind so if you were out of the sun you really felt it.

Mary is home sick with Pneumonia. She was sick most of last week but went to work every day but today she was just too weak.

Trying to find a way for her to come home for Christmas. Have to see what I can do with my airmiles.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness there is a lot of trouble in this world. I am so glad we don't live in the USA....with all the guns and violence. It seems everyone has a weapon these days. so many innocent people killed...babies and children too. I think the USA are becoming like Sodom and Gomora in the bible...

That is another pretty snow photo Beth...there is alot of colour still in your neck of the woods. We are looking at a grey and white landscape for the next 5 months...guaranteed! It is a bitter day today....going to -18 tonight with strong winds. I feel sorry for the little birds who are madly trying to get some food before it is totally dark. I will still have to go our and take in the fat and feeders...Mr. Bear may come again.

Sorry to hear that Mary is sick with pneumonia...it must be hard for her when she works and has two little children at home too. I hope she recovers soon.

A teenager from the nearest town wrote on Snapchat....that he was sick and tired of life and was going to the local highschool and shooting someone today. Fortunately the RCMP were notified and he was apprehended. No one knows for sure if he would do it...but the communities involved sure were worried and many didn't send there kids to school today. So violence creeps into our small part of the world. Too much of this,..just too much.

Good for you Beth driving to church...now you will feel more confident!

My piano students changed the day because the little boy was sick today...I was all ready with a casserole in the oven, but that is OK....I would rather they not come if they are sick. Carl is on prednisone which makes him more susceptible to infections.

Have a good evening,
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

So sorry to hear about Mary.
That is miserable.
I will add her to my special prayers.

I was on prednisone before I was diagnosed with celiac.

Nancy you and Carl are on my list two.

Had a busy day today but will write a few notes on my blog.

love beth

Love mom