Tuesday, June 8, 2010

AUTHENTICITY



I think that most of us value people being authentic. Can we be authentic and also be nice and kind and not tell people exactly how we feel or what they should do. I know that I am shy about sharing my faith, at least that is how I view myself, Years ago I started a Bible study group in our neighborhood and it was a hard thing for me to do to invite people. Come for coffee and meet your neighbors and learn a little about the Bible. Today book clubs are very popular and my understanding is that they talk about a lot of life challenging questions, and also develop friendships.

I say to myself well if people want to know about Jesus they can start searching. Most of the people on T.V. I do not find "authentic" so it is hard to believe in their message. I have given books away that have meant so much to be and I have heard in the odd occasion it spoke to the person. One was to a customer that dad sold her house and I meant her once. It was just an impulse that when I got home i said to your dad please give her this book and he did. Evidently it meant a great deal to her. Sometimes you do not know what affect something you do or say has on another.

My faith in Jesus has been the source of life and strength to me. I love to hear stories about how peoples lives heave been transformed. Music has great power to touch our souls and free us from our prisons. So does nature and art.

I read this morning about a young boy at a funeral looking at his very proud and strong-will grandma and saw for the first time
"her weakness seemed in some way stronger than her strength."

Everyone seems so self-confident and strong and they seem to be doing fine without God, not me I often feel weak in body and in soul and I feel sadness for those whose lives are full of pain. We attended a funeral of an elderly woman of faith and I came home with the message where is she answered by she is with God.

I really had a messy day yesterday spilling sugar [the can] and coffee grounds and then worrying dad; after he had been such a big help getting lunch.

It all started when i decided to walk down to London Drugs to get an ankle support for dad. Well I got the wrong one. But before I left he said take the phone and i couldn't find it so I took his. Please note I told him I am taking yours. I took longer than he thought I should so he phoned. His phone i did not hear it was oushed way down. Then my phone rang which was also in my bag and I answered it and could not hear for all the traffic on the road. Dad is completely annoyed and starts thinking his phone is lost again.

SORRY Sorry I will take some time to pray now and then go pull some weeds!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No new pictures yesterday, is your computer hiding them on you again? Wasn't it so nice to see bright sunshine this morning! Oh, and the dragon tatoo girl book is good, I will lend it to you when I am done.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes books like people can really influence our lives. l have much appreciated books that have come from you. Thank- you for sharing them. Love Jane