Saturday, June 19, 2010

WAITING



Waiting is so frustrating. I am waiting for the test results; much to do about nothing. Maybe I have just got a little over tired. There will be lots of good news that I know for sure.

This morning I am waiting for Cathy, my neighbor, to call and we will gather up my three ! ! ! yes 3 bags of books to take to sell at the Strawberry Tea at Colebrook.
If they do not sell I will bring them home again. Although different books tell a story of where I was at a certain place in my life I hate to part with them. I often like to read an old book again and again..

"It is waiting for the Lord that the reality of faith is unfolded, because faith implies a certain not having and not knowing. . . . .It is in waiting that God is God and not an idol, that faith is faith and not superstition."
--Richard Luecke

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall put forth wings as eagles. [yesterday we saw an eagle flying overhead]. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Yesterday I had a mindless day unable to concentrate on reading or praying and not confident of walking. My friend down the street, Megan, has offered to walk with me in the evenings about 7. Dad will not worry if I am with someone. I am better in the morning but I will give this is try next week.

Waiting for Carol and Panteli to come home; to really see how they are.

I am so happy that I found my necklace; the chain Kenny gave me when he left for down under. Dad thought he had picked it up and put it in my hand and he had picked it up and had put it down again. It is now back where it should be! !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, did you bring back more books than what you took to the strawberry tea?

Love,

Rick