Friday, June 11, 2010

FOOD


Somewhere I must have a picture of food but right now I cannot find it.

It is strange when you go to a restaurant and you are given food and you do not know what to do with it. Like at the green lettuce you get a big bunch of lettuce but first you get an ordinary dish of vegetables which I guess you wrap in the lettuce.

Rick was in England where he ordered a boxed lunch and food came on top of a box and inside hidden down deep where tiny flat pancakes to role it in, which he did not discover until later.

Now I must get my mind on serious things. What to do today. Today I have two letters I must write, I have 10 books to read, I have to sort through others and give then away, I have to buy a grad. present for Desirae for to-morrow night.
I have to find out who wrote the right time down for Morgan's ballet recital. I wrote 2:30 and dad crossed it out and put 3:30. It is on Saturday too.

I figure if we go early at least we won't miss it. Dad thinks I am trying to trick him to get him there on time. Ya right.

Last night I was going to go and check out a book to find a quote that Rick had read in a book I had given him and now he cannot find, We went to the library where I spent half the time in the washroom and did not find it, Tired I came home and phoned, phoned imagine that, actually talking to people and he had found what he need for his important essay. Maybe if I ever said something, quotable, he could quote me on religion, but like he says I am not published.

I am in one of those strange states where I am feeling tempted to eat real tasting food made from wheat. A loaf of french bread or a scone or even an ice cream cone
just seem to be tempting ,so tempting, me,

Last night I had a very weird dream that I needed to protect myself and I was piling up food at the door. I made a glorious mess and woke up when it seemed like the door was opening. Have you ever tried piling up Lemon pie? That is the one I really remember.

I will explain to the doctor today how I feel if I eat something i should not eat that contains some nasty little gluten. I get extremely bloated, I feel nauseated and sick, I feel exhausted, and then finally I start running to the bathroom. That is very therapeutic for me to write because i will know that I must not give in to temptation! Not even a crumb.

So the final word is that it is difficult to change myself or others or especially this cruel world. Just this morning Nelson Mandala's grand daughter was killed in a car accident A tragic loss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the coffee and company all much enjoyed and appreciated. Hopefully you will get some help today re your continued digestive problems .We watched a movie last night called "Invictus" About a rugby team in South Africa but really about character and Nation building. Nelson Mandella is such an inspiring man.Jane

beth bennett said...

Yes Jane we went to that movie and found it inspiring. He has been through so much and has such wisdom and courage, Thanks for commenting.

I forgot to fill the wine glasses and I had white cheese and pickles.

I did my nursing home visiting and also so Shirley. She has a nasty cough which I think should be checked.

Thanks for the comments. They are always so helpful! love beth