Sunday, June 6, 2010

MUSICICAL MONDAY


The Bible tells us of the song the prophet Miiriam, sang with tambourine in her hand;
"Sing to the Lord
for He has triumphed gloriously
horse and rider he has thrown into the sea."
This was called the Song of the Sea.

The unadulterated song that Miiriam sang was simple and described the victory that the Israelites had over the Egyptians. As I listened to C.B.C. today talking about gospel choirs i was reminded of the Negro spiritual that said;
"O let us all from bondage flee
Let my people go!
And let us all in Christ be free
Let my people go!

Go down Moses, Way down in Egypt's land
Tell all Pharaoh to let my people go!

Music has had a big influence in my life and especially some of the hymns, the gospel songs, and the songs of freedom sung by people like Buffy Saint Marie or Joan Byasid or Bob Dylan. Songs for social justice and songs of soul food that stir up within us great emotions and a desire to dance and sing.

The music at church was awesome today and it is so good to be able to express all you are in singing along, clapping your hands and even raising them in praising the Lord! The Negro slaves were introduced to Christianity by the white rich owners, who took freedom for granted.

I try not to judge a person by their nationality but certain traits some people have can be very annoying. The Canadian generosity can be misused and again I was caught waiting in line as there was an argument in front of me. I guess it is hard not to be a little prejudiced at times.
MONDAY morning and the music I hear is the washing machine rewashing the clothes because the laundry soap which said "Natural" is to smelly for dad. I did not notice the flower on it which should have been a clue. Some flowers like the peony have a lovely smell but it can be over-powering inside in a small place. I have done this before and usually now I am careful to see if it says no smell. Some people look for soap that makes things white; not me, it is the no smell I have to go for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth ! hope all is well ☺
just opping in to let You know I gave Your blog an award via my blog the natural catholic .
enjoy !
thanks so much for Your wonderful blog
lov rox

Anonymous said...

lol that is to be popping not opping ☺

Anonymous said...

Music is so wonderful in the way it can speak to us.We had very lively music which energized the whole congregation at Croossroads yesterday lt was a 2 hour service which just flew by. Jane.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Roxy and Jane. I do appreciate your comments. love beth