Thursday, June 17, 2010

LIFE

Our old house with such a beautiful view brings back memories of walking down the path near our house deep into the woods. It was mafical. I went with many of the grandchildren and others to enjoy the quiet beauty and the huge trees and wild berries.

We also remember the night we were in bed under a pile of covers with no heat for several days and snow on the roof, when a flashing light appears outside and a man crawls up the roof right by our window to hook up our power. Dad opened the windown and grabbed one end to help him. We were thankful to have a warm house again and thankful for this brave young man working so hard and so late.


Life is a law unto itself. I woke up this morning with this thought on my mind and I wondered where it came from. Sometimes as I write my thoughts down I think maybe i read this somewhere or heard it before. But considering all the words that are being written and have been written can there be an truly original words.

Happiness is coming home and putting on my warm long underwear after having a hot cup of coffee and a bite to eat after the cat scan. They put a lovely warm blanket on me when I lay down on the machine bad to ride back and forth, breathing and not breathing. Waiting in the waiting area my teeth were chattering and I was sooo cold so this was like heaven. When she said it was over I hated to leave.

My dear hubby had gone out and bought me a warm sweater so I had that to put on. Everyday there is no news you know that it was alright or you would have heard. Dad is off to the skin cancer doctor to have something cut out. He is far braver than me.

Our question at home group was what do you tell people why you need Jesus? Without his presence his spirit his words I would be like the cowardly lion in Somewhere over the Rainbow. Or did he need a heart I cannot quite remember.

I breath in Jesus and I find hope and strength and guidance. He is like the lovely warm blanket that warms me up in this world that can be cold and hard hearted, where people destroy other people's lives by greed and violence and hate and just plain selfishness.

The Air India report is very chilling so sad when tragedy can be prevented.

Dad is off to skin doctor to have some cutting and stiching and sewing to get rid of cancer spots. I may go with him but basically planning a quiet day. Still feeling cold brrrrrrr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still went out last night to bible study? I would have thought the mornings tests would have been enough for one day? I came home and cut the grass, but then snuggled under my blanket to watch TV as it is still so cold out.The good news is I will apreciate the warth of Mexico now more then if we were having a great summer.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Interesting question at home group .It is giving me food for thought .You will be glad to have your medical tests and procedures over with. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Yes, they fused over me at Bible Study got me slippers and offered a warm sweater but I had two on as well as my underwear. Deborah had on shorts and a short sleeve top. She had made special goodies as usual and I do get lots of love there. We are always home before 9, which is good.
Sad news Carol and Panteli are returning home. We will offer tham a bed here,

love mom