Friday, June 18, 2010

IN THE WILDERNESS


There is beauty in the simple little things, like this grass by the sea blowing in the breeze.

Reminds me of baby Moses hidden in the bull rushes but being found by the right person at the right time. A mother will do anything to protect her child and God can give us the wisdom on how to do this.

I am in the wilderness with my health. Waiting for test results. Feeling good and not so good.

I am in the wilderness with my beliefs, not my faith, reading scripture with new eyes. We are watching a D.V.D. called HEAVENS ABOVE with Peter Sellers as the priest, He is a priest after my own heart as he takes a large poor family in to live in the manse with him. He chooses a poor, black, man actually a garbage collector to be on his board of directors to the shock and dismay of all the rich and powerful people who have been in control of the church,

Religion and humour a great mix.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an interesting show. have you made a follow up appointment with dr nolte, or just waiting to get the results?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

After the wilderness came the promised land. So sorry to hear that Carol and Panteli are having their visit cut short. Jane

Anonymous said...

After the wilderness came the promised land. So sorry to hear that Carol and Panteli are having their visit cut short. Jane

Anonymous said...

Waiting

Janine Robinson said...

Hey there Beth ... I just bumped into your blog for the first time today. Wanted to let you know that I am saying a little prayer for you today. My sweet mom in grace told me a little revelation that dawned on her after studying desert experiences in the Bible. She was telling me that in every dessert experience she has read (from Hagar in the desert, to Moses and even Jesus being tempted) God always sent an Angel or representation of Himself to comfort or bring a word of hope or direction. After Jesus was in the desert for 40 days, tempted by Satan, angels were sent to minister to Him. May you be so aware of God's comfort towards you as you negotiate this place that you find yourself in. You may not know me and I may not know you, but as far as I can read we are sisters, so I am sending you an ALMIGHTY hug via blog today! Hang in there precious lady! You are of utmost importance and significance to your Creator and Father. Much love, Janine