Friday, June 11, 2010

OOPS


I meant to write my letters but I guess habit took me here.

It fits in with my thoughts about change.

How important it is to become empty [to allow change] to allow change is illustrated in this Zen story. [I do appreciate Zen thinking].

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era [1868 to 1912] received a professor who came to enquire about Zen. He was welcomes and the master started to pour him a cup of tea. The cup became full but the master kept pouring. The professor watched the overflow until he could no longer restrain himself.

"It is overfull no more can go in."

Nan-in replied, "You are so full of your own opinions and speculations how can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

Weeds come into my garden very self-sufficient images need to be pulled out for the flowers to grow. I need to let go of some of my past ideas and Beliefs for new growth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that quote mom. The best so far. I speaks of so many things in our lives, not just religion.
Sandra