Friday, June 25, 2010

SMELLY


A rotten smell usually forces one to clean up. Had I spilt something I could not remember but I could smell a musty smell that I found disagreeable. Anyway the T.V. room was in need of a good cleaning.

Now my computer is refusing to let me put a picture on; which is one of the things I like to do. I am reminded that it is the little frustrations of life that can drive us crazy. We talked at home group about looking in the mirror [ from the book of James] and yet going away blind to our own faults. I would love to have the perfect peace that can come at the end of a day no matter how frustrating it has been; and how unpeaceful I have felt. Now my speller tells me unpeaceful is not a word.

"People mirror back to us the reality of who we are." Jesus told us to turn the other check in order to quell the violence within myself because the enemy outside only "mirrors the enemy within". Deepak Chopra -"The Third Jesus"
Was Jesus a clear, simple and direct spiritual leader who has made it easy for us to follow him? No, I do not think so. Even the disciples who walked with him and listened to him had troubles being like him and maybe even understanding him.

So today is a new day. I am smelling the roses; which picture will not go on, and I will do a short walk before Leah brings her two dogs over to spend the week-end with us. I hope they like me but one thing I am consistent about is that children and dogs learn to sleep in their own beds. Leah and Craig are off to Paul River on the ferry from the north Shore to see Grama Marjerison, who is not doing well.

Breaking news dad and I are going through the water shed park for a short walk. It smells so fresh in there so it will be good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are dog sitting? That should be interesting. Does that mean you wont be going out to Chilliwack?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

No we are not going to Chilliwack today and maybe not until next Sat
Yes we are looking after leah's dogs and I hope they like us.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Warning - they like to bark at the sound of the mail-man, visitors, cars going by ... etc., etc.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Warning - they like to bark at the sound of the mail-man, visitors, cars going by ... etc., etc.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

Rick testing

Anonymous said...

no blog this morning, the dogs must have you busy. But at least your picture went up. I am just doing some chores and then will be over around 10-11
Sandra