Friday, June 4, 2010

LOVING-KINDNESS


The last time we drove down to the Sylvia it was a dull and dreary day but just being in our favorite place and then walking by the water made it seem brighter.

I was thinking of how the words we say and the things we do, especially little acts of loving kindness, how they affect our lives. Having supper over at the home of Sandra and Randy, having Theresa come and fix us a really good salad, dad taking time to drive me to White Rock on a day when I was too dizzy, little notes on facebook or comments on my writing are many of the ways I feel blessed. Mr kind friensds like Shirley who make such an effort to have rice crackers for tea so graciously prepared.

One of the ladies I visit in the Nursing Home wears jewelery every time I visit so I am going through some of my old stuff to find something to add to my rather plain appearance. I give her a big smaile and a gentle hug and tell her she is a positive influence on me. And truly they are.

Words of encouragement are what we all need. Words to live by like hope, trust, joy, faith, mercy and peace are but a few. The greatest of these is love. Love expressed in kindness means a lot.

"Philosophers and theologians, according to the book "The Future of Faith", were often torn between two convictions believing society needed religion to maintain order and yet they themselves could not honestly assent to such mythical propositions." How many preachers preach from their hearts with honesty and love?

As I pick up my mystery I know that the cruel and evil person will be murdered and often he or she does deserve to die. It is harder to figure out the person who appears to be good but whose hearts is so full of passionate rage they actually murder. We all have murderous thoughts at times or at least dark broding thoughts.

We compare our religions and find that if we could live the positive values that are present in their words of truth we would find the inner peace we are searching for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if a trip to the Sylvia might be a good birthday celebration? Thank-you once again for your thoughtful post. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Where did all the sunshine go ? It is cold and foggy here .
Ken