Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BEYOND THEOLOGY


Gathering together as loving and caring friends we listen to the D.V.D. which is called "Beyond Theology". I find myself a little lost in the vastness of space that I am finding myself in. I have never been an intellectual Christian who is allabout the facts and figuring out religion. I am aware of the danger of being too literal because as I read the scripture I am reading history and poetry as well as faith that was in process.

I feel that I am spiritually strong and that has come from an inner feeling of being one with, here I run into trouble do I say one with God, with the Almighty, with the mysterious Grace, with the Sacred Mystery?

I learn about Huston Smith, a writer and a seeker of truth in all religions. I admire him and I find his journey of faith very interesting but. . . . Yes I have a calling to help others awaken to the divinity within them which becomes a journey into the mystical. This is where i have been comfortable but I have also needed the grounding of scripture and my sense of tradition.

Now I am being called to ask questions but I honestly wonder who is answering my questions? Yes, the spiritual life requires my mind and my soul and my spirit. Some how I need to keep them in balance. Yes, it is complicated. The world is changing dramatically all around me. My health is changing and I am thankful that my lungs are good as is my heart but I need to have some further tests.

I leave the doctor thankful for the good news but now I am thinking of questions I would have liked to ask. Do I change the way I eat or what I eat and will this help my digestion? Simple questions but I never thought to ask.

So today I am the same person I was yesterday only with some new questions.

As I walk I will enjoy the beauty around me and breathe in the freshness of the morning. The light shines in the night and in the day and the soul that is open can see the light always before them.

So often in life we have to face the questions that have no answers but keep trusting in the love that will light the way.


Yesterday, we broke from tradition by going to Sandra's house for excellent hamburgers instead of the White Spot after picking up Carol and Panteli. I am so glad they are home now. They now have many things to take care of like where they will live until they can move into thir apartment. Selling their home was a big decision but they will take time to decide where to live. They are looking forward to moving so that is good. Carol looked pale and she showed us her bites which had been so miserable but the good thing was they were given a better room to stay in.
She brought us back beautiful shawls from China as well as pearls. I was just thinking that pearls would be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of questions mom. They seem to never end. I still say you need to write them down and put the answers beside them. But then again maybe you like them just as they are, un answered questions. Maybe you know deep down you wont like the answers? Hmmm Another question.
Put on midsomer murders for Carol after you left and she was nodding off pretty quick. Hope she had a good sleep, I expect she will be over to your house for breakfast soon.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I think it is just a stage I am going through because of what we are studying and what i am reading.

Some questions will never be answered. That is true.

I had a good walk this morning. I woke up early and dad just woke up at 8:30.

I will go get some fruit for breakfast. love mom