Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TRAVELLING!


This is not like the old fashioned train I use to ride on. Trains were noisy and rattled as they sped along. Our holidays were always on train trips, to the beach or out here to the coast or to see my best friend who had moved to North Battlefield.
I thought they were exciting. Nice to see the sun this morning!

As a child I would sit on the train and gaze out the window and see a house in a small town we slowly passed through, or a farm with trees and animals and I would dream of living there, riding the horses or chasing the dog.

On this Christian ride through life I see myself as travelling and stopping at many houses where I get comfortable and then find I must move on. You see, this is a spiritual journey, where I find I cannot rest and be satisfied but I need to keep going. Everything I am reading now is forcing me to look back but also to carry on forward.

I think home groups will become the place where we discuss honestly our faith and where we are in our journey. Discussion with laughter that makes us think and learn to express what we feel deep inside. I think right now I am in a tent that is movable.

There are now changes in all religions moving away from dogma and rigid orthodoxy.

Enjoyed our discussion with Jane and Geof. at Zeller's. Then Theresa arrived bringing bread from New Westminster and supper for us all. Dad has a sore throat and a very runny nose but hopefully will be better today. He enjoyed showing the children his new deck and they love it. Will be doing my visiting today and dad may work on his tree deck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, you should have picked up Theresa stuff from my house so you could give it to her. Oh well.
Sun is nice, wish it would stay for a while, I have not had a good sit outside on the patio yet this spring.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

l watched a interesting documentary, the story of India, last evening. Yet another strand in the faith stories of our world l can learn from all the stories but the Christian story is woven into the fabric of my life. So glad you find such nurture in your home group meetings. We too enjoyed our coffee and conversation at Zellers.Love and blessings, Jane.