Friday, October 29, 2010

DECISIONS

If I was choosing a costume I think I would choose a purple hat!

The truth is I have a hard time making decisions.  Just ordinary everyday decisions.  What to buy at the grocery store.  So many brands to choose from and so many labels to be read.  Even what kind of shampoo or toothpaste.  A short walk or a long walk it does not really matter I need to just start walking.  When to get my hair cut.  What to have for supper now that's a tough one.

The tough decisions are about what to do; and right now I am finding my visiting for nearly 4 hours at the nursing home and then tea with Shirley really making me exhausted.  Shirley is delightful as our several of the old dears I visit; but they can be hard to understand and I have to tell them all about what I am doing so it means I am doing a lot of talking.  Then there is the man who has had the stroke who is very negative, he does not believe in God but believes God made him have a stroke.  How sad when people blame God for all that is wrong in this world and yes even blaming religion for creating wars and evil, sickness and suffering.

I would find life hopeless if I could not believe in the power of prayer.  Prayer is an experience of spending time allowing myself to feel loved and to receive new strength for the day.

Right now I am just waiting and trying to be patient and let the answers come.  Answers come in unexpected ways through the inner assurance or the words of a friend or a family member.

I choose to believe in a God with a Big Ear and a bigger Heart. 


 

No comments: