Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

You have been visiting a friend on the fourth floor and you ring for the elevator; the door opens and it is completely dark inside.  What would happen if I step in?  How dark will it be when the door closes?  Will it work or will I be stuck in there?  Should I take the stairs?

This is the funiest part I publish my blog and an add appears for "Acorn Stair Lifts Canada" at the bottom.


My day had started at 4 in the morning when I woke up chilled to the bone.  I got up put a warm house coat on with long underwear and my slippers; heated up a blanket and curled up in a chair.  After I felt a bit warmer I headed upstairs to finish my blog.  Deed some reading  of "My Case for God" and took some notes but found it hard to concentrate.

So I took my camera and decided to walk down to Zeller's to take pictures of the trees turning colours.  Walking along several people honked and waved at me so of course I waved back.  Then I saw a little old Chinese lady coming towards me and I smiled and she came right to me and gave me a hug.  We then talked in our own languages and laughed together.

At home I baked some corn meal muffins for myself and had lots of butter and jam.  Dad was ready to take his camera and we where off to the Serpentine Fen to this time find the ducks and swans.  From there we picked  up a few things from choices and actually got two pumpkins, one for Sandra.  Then we drove along River Road to the lumber store to pick up paint for the shade deck.  Big trucks behind us, in front of us and bedside us what a road.

Left dad at home painting while I went visiting and took muffins for tea that I made for Shirley and myself.
As I left I thought I will just have 30 minutes for a nap before home group and then I came to the dark elevator.  I was too tired to walk down so in to the dark I went.  Fearfully I watched as the door closed in on me and was so thankful as I pushed the number it lit up and the elevator started.  Hurrah.

We had a quick supper and then drove off to Deborah and Lane's house for our last meeting their as they are moving to Nelson and we sure are going to miss them both.  Over the years we have made such great, awesome friends every church we have been apart of.  I always joined a small group because otherwise you do not really get to know people.

Home to bed where dad tucked me in with a foot warmer and we kept an extra blanket on.

As the weather changes I am reminded that each season of our life has gifts for us.  It also continues to teach us lessons that remind us of how very human we are.  Our lives revolve around trust and sacrifice.  We do things for others when we want to just stay at home, because we know our presence makes others happy.

Life just happens and we are given the strength we need to carry on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get an electric blanket for your bed, one that has seperate tempature controls for each side. I assume you saw that turkey is on the menu for Monday? Mitch gets here on Saturday, oh, and the Dip Dip lady is coming on Friday at 4:00 to do my dogs, I will have to take pictures to put on Facebook.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

No I had not looked. I was just getting use to the idea of Indian food.

I think we will come and see the Dip Dip lady bath your dogs, should be great fun.
love mom
p s will bring pumpkin and gluten free bread

Pinetreeannie said...

Getting in to that dark elevator, Beth, took faith and courage...sometimes we have to do the same with our FAITH.....jump in to the darkness with faith and courage!

Anonymous said...

I would like to say I prayed but I was just too tired and said to myself :whatever".

Yes faith does take us into some dark places.
love beth

Anonymous said...

Busy day mom. Glad the lift worked for you.
I prefer the colors of spring myself. 25c here on
Saturday.
Ken