Sunday, October 3, 2010

A LATE START


After a late start
in fact I was wondering if we had the wrong night again, we decided on a book by Karen Armstrong for our study group last night..  It is called "A Case for God"  and is historical as well as religous.  It has helped me take a deeper look into the Bible, and other religions.

Sandra discovered I have the toughest roots in the Universe as she grunted andgroaned  [I think that is the secret]  and pulled trying to dig them out.  Some roots needed to be divided and others had just gotten a little too wild.  If I had followed her advice last year I would have had better results this year.  I get discouraged with the garden and the house work so felt like moving into an apartment yesterday.  Discovering the bathtub was leaking after dad felt a drip on his head when I had a shower, was annoying.  I am very grateful that he can fix so many things and now that the breezeway openings between the T.V. room and the living room are completed we just have a hole in our kitchen ceiling.

I have my own pitch fork now!

The heart and soul that is the real source of spiritual strength comes from the power of God that motivates and brings about the inner change that we desire.  This was called repentance needed for those who have fallen by the wayside in their spiritual growth.  I was brought up to call this sin.

"But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power [energy] belongs to God and does not come from us."  @ Corinthians 4:7

When I try to do things with my own strength I soon get burnt out and prayerfully turn to God for his love and compassion to renew me, guide me and strengthen me I find in his love the gift of grace that sets me free.

No comments: