Saturday, October 30, 2010

TIMELESS

Yesterday was a day when I was not a day to be lived by the clock.  So much of life seems to be lived watching the time and it is good to experience moments of timelessness, moments just to enjoy.

Today is different.  First I have to go back to the stores to see if I can find my debit card which I discovered I did not have as I went to pay for groceries yesterday.  Dad and I had had a wandering walk to the Safeway taking a few pictures and enjoying the last bit of sun in the day; so he was able to pay.

Then we are driving to Chilliwack to see Morgan the ballet dancer turned into a soccer goal scorer; big brother Ben will continue to kick that ball right into the net.  I hope the rain does not pour down although I see soccer players out in all sorts of weather along with soccer moms and dads.

We are meeting with our book study group to-night in Langley at 6:30 so it will be rushing home and back out again.  We are discussing "The Case For God" by Karen Armstrong so I need to take time to look over it quickly to refresh my memory.

When there is not enough time in a day I feel frustrated and rushed and I have to remind myself just to relax.

I was thinking back to my childhood when God was that very old man with the flowing white beard.  It is time to let go of some of the ideas I had of that old but very wise man.  It was much easier to have a real picture of a real man like Jesus, who lived as a human like me.

I like being up early in the morning and taking time just to be quiet and gathering strength and energy for the day.  I know this day will fly by very quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the early mornings are nice.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

I am sure they are especially nice on your lake that you look out upon.
love mom