Thursday, October 28, 2010

GIFTS

"The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best."  Yiddish Proverb

We all have our gifts hidden within us, some we have discovered and some wait to be discovered.

Yesterday Jane and I went to a healing prayer group and I met two very warm and loving ladies.  I was a little nervous because I was not knowing what to expect.  I experienced a gentle breeze that seemed to be blowing some negative cobwebs swirling around me away.

 Like a child that knows love I felt safe in the arms of Jesus.

I rushed home to be off to Bible study.  Now here I feel comfortable as we read the story of Adam and Eve.
This myth has a power wealth of truth just waiting to be uncovered.  A God who loves beauty and nature and animals and each one of us.  A God with a listening heart and a loving presence. 

A God who cannot prevent wars or sickness or evil but knows we have to learn to face life's ugliness and receive His gift of strength and courage.  New every morning. 

There is another Yiddish saying that if someone says I wish you well  then you reply
 "from your mouth to God's ear!" 

God  reminds us that our song brings pleasure to Him.
His son Jesus gave us words of life and the energy of the Holy Spirit to fill us with new wine!

My day ended with a glass of wine and a home cooked delicous meal at Sandra and Randy's home with his daughter Mandy and her husband James.

 This day has got off to a late start because my mouse did not work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like you deserve to have a quiet day today as yesterday had a lot in it. Sorry I did not get a dessert made for you, Randy was in charge of dinner and it was a last minute thing the gingerbread.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

That's okay I understand. This glutin-free thing can be a bother.
I enjoyed the dinner and hearing your good news about your mouth healing.
love mom