Saturday, October 23, 2010

FOREVER YOUNG

October is such a colourful month with the changing leaves and all the decorations in the stores and in the yards where I walk by.  I like the happy faces.  I like picking up leaves as I walk along, there are so many different colours and shapes.  Every single leave is just a little different and today I found a bright red one; and as I walk along with the bunch of leaves in my hand  I remember the fun time as a child raking the leaves and then jumping in them. 

I missed seeing Morgan and Ben play soccer and I miss their laughter and bright eyes.  Carol did not drive out because her cold has come back again.  Instead I went to the memorial service with dad and they played this song "Forever Young".  Seeing the pictures of Phylis when she was young look so much like me.

Sandra wants to win the best costume prize at work again this year.  It sounds like they have great fun.  She will be off to the dentist wearing her costume so that should cheer her dentist up because both of them have been discouraged with her progress.

One of the miracles in life is the fact that in our hearts we can be forever young!  We do not have to wait for heaven but we can experience the wonder and joy of heaven in our own lives everyday.

The days I think of as ordinary have a luminous quality if I stop to appreciate how bless I am!

No comments: