Monday, October 4, 2010

LOST


I am continually losing things especially my glasses.  I ask myself continuously now where did I put that darn thing?  I am also losing the ability to do things that I use to be able to do so easily.  Yes, at times I feel that I am losing my mind and that is very scary.  I hope that I never lose the ability to laugh at myself.

I hope I never lose the feeling of awe and wonder in the amazing world we live in.
The colours of summer are being replaced and as the trees lose their leaves and the daylight grows shorter there is a sense of loss.  I feel that there is a loss of our spiritual identity which is just as important as what we do and think and accomplish.  The inner life that is who I really am can easily be lost in the need to be busy.
Over the years we seem to have lost the real message of Jesus that message of hope, of humility, of hospitality, of goodness and love.

I use to be able to get lost in the music at church whether a old familiar hymn or s simple chorus and it was an awesome experience.  I feel that I am losing something precious that gave me a passionate faith.  I believe in the powerful message of Jesus that heals and restores and brings the lost back into the sense that there is a love that will not let me go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lost and found, over and over again. Another one of lifes cycles dont you think? For me, that would include visits to the dentist every day. I think they should give me my own parking spot.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, I guess it is good we do not know the future sometimes. Who knew you would have all this trouble. Teeth are an awful nuisance, painful as well as expensive.

At least you will not lose your way to the dentist but I do not think you can expect a parking spot.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes dear I have noticed how we both are always missplacing things especially glasses.

However you have an advantage over me - you dont have someone that moves your things around - but now that I think of it I probably would miss having things move around.
Yes we can and do get lost in the drive to be busy - I know that I feel sort of empty if Im not doing something somewhat useful.
You are right the message that jesus taught is the essence- too much disscussion can be draining - it is the deep in ones soul truth that you must keep alive.