Friday, October 1, 2010

UNFAIRNESS

Life is definitely unfair and unpredictable.   We do not know what our future holds.

 On the way to visiting I was in the middle of the intersection waiting to turn left when three police cars came screaming and racing right for me.  The best thing was that I was too scared to move as one went behind me and two in front.  Where they chasing some speeder?  I am sure they get a high just turning their sirens on and chasing after somebody.  I certainly knew I was not guilty of speeding.  I carried on with my heart beating a little faster.

I was told by several unhappy people at the Nursing Home that they now have to move.  I could not believe it because they had been told they where guaranteed a home there and would not have to move.  Very, very unsettling news for them and their families.  They are turning it into a Korean Care Home.

Dad who is now visiting was outside in the sunshine visiting his new friend and the group of smokers were sharing the news with him.  He was all prepared to look into this mess but it appears to be a losing battle.  If they do not hire a fully qualified nurse then anyone who needs a little nursing care has to be moved.

We came home to hear some very sad news about someone being given months to live and maybe a year at the most.  How can some one who was just golfing last year now have cancer spread all through his body.  Why did the doctor fail to see the early warning signs?  Why is life so unfair?

I am reading a little from a book "Healing from the Heart" and am reminded again that visiting or praying for people requires positive energy.  It has been discovered that our brain waves respond to, "come into the same rhythm" as the person who is with them.  I have always been amazed at those people I have visited who have cheered me up with their love of life even in difficult circumstances and we often laughed together as we shared. 

I know that I can get into a rut where life becomes a habit
 and I know I need to take time to  appreciate the goodness that is all around me.
We are continually learning from one another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lot of bad news all around. but you have your day with jayne today, right? or is that dinner tonight? no talking seems to be very good for my mouth, see you tommorrow.
sandra