Friday, October 22, 2010

THE VISIT


They all made and it is always good to have our children together.

    The time goes so quickly
and then Rick heads back to Chase and Carol is on a mission to pick up somethings from the health food store.  Sandra and I head in to prepare the church stuffing, which I knew she would think had to be the rel stuff, not a store bought mix.  She came with her receipe and her spices and was so quick chopping it all up.
We had a problem when we took it to the church as it was all locked up.  I am sure the morning crew need a rest or where being replaced.  But we were able to take it to a friend who lives near by and was taking her buns over later.  It is funny I do not like cooking but I still cut out receipes!

My neighbor Rosanna, had asked me for coffee but there was no time for a visit yesterday.  She is so lonely and I feel bad for her.  I will make time this week to visit her and our friend Shirley.  Loneliness is a part of being human and can be a time to recreate new interests if one has the energy to do so.  But when loneliness changes to depression, we can lose sight of our own value and strength. 

At the Sylvia Hotel where we had lunch after dad's eye exam there was a group of elderly women, about eight of them and yes there was one man.  They were eating but not talking to each other, but as they left they stopped at our table to talk to us.  They liked my pink sweater and that was all the excuse they needed.  Before it seemed like they were a group of lonely people but now they chatted happily to us as they left.

Looking at the moon as we come home from having Chinese food ,as we had not gotten our tickets in time, I feel like heaven is smiling on the earth.  It has been a good day and I am completely happy!   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to get things done and crossed off the list. Sukhi and I got our shopping done really quick and I even got home in time to make supper. If the rain holds off I will maybe get my bulbs planted today. Sandra

beth bennett said...

It just started raining now at 4:30 so you should have then planted. The little squirrels are still hoping around in our yard but I have not seen them digging up anything yet.

Thanks again for all your help,
love mom