Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HOW FAR

Another beautiful day for a walk, always finding something to focus my attention away from the ordinary demands of the day so that I can just enjoy this time. I never know for sure how far I am going to walk on any given day.  On a good day I go twice as far.  Sometimes it depends on the bladder or just a little less energy. I never know the reaction I will get when I say hello to other walkers, the dog walkers, the moms with children, the young with an elderly parent on their arms, the two handicaped ladies, one smiles and one frowns.  Then there was the elderly East Indian gentleman who ran away from me probably thinking I was too friendly.   But no matter what. . . . .

LOVE goes with me.

Even the most knowledgeable people are limited in the distance that their knowledge can take them.  None of us can see into the future but we can prepare ourselves by learning all we can about being healthy and finding contentment  and happiness to keep us going. Where does the energy come from on the good days and where does it go when we feel too tired to keep going.  Our bodies seem to know more about us than we do and will tell us when to slow down. 

Jesus said: "Be healed"'  I know that I have scars, physically and emotionally, but I know that Jesus heals.

 As I drove home from White Rock the other day I was just two blocks from home when a car swerved in front of me.  People who do a lot of driving are used to this happening but I quickly put on my brakes and fortunately we did not hit.  I think there have been times for all of us when we look and fail to see a car coming.  We just do not see it.
There are times we fail to see the beauty around us or even see the person we are sharing our lives with.
I wonder if we could see and trust that there is a deeper meaning to our lives.  I think of other things I value like faithfulness, thankfulness, courage, politeness, honesty, fairness, respect, respect for your elders, effort and perseverance, and a cheerful sense of humour, an openness to the spiritual, forgivness and mercy.

Calm in the face of change and no matter how far I go,  it is the smiles I can give to others as I walk that gives my life meaning and maybe blesses someone else.  Walking is only one way we travel in this lifetime and we each have our own journey.

I have to admit that no matter how far I have travelled during the day coming home and just relaxing gives me the most pleasure.  I guess this is another sign of getting older!  Gracefully I hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the reason we love the fall so much is we know it will end soon and be replaced by the gloom of winter? We considered doing two laps on our afternoon walk at work yesterday as it was so nice out, but went back to work instead.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I thought it was Friday wow and it is not even Thrus. yet.

I must get going now.
love mom