Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Saturday

Ben picks out the pumpkins
Morgan on her way to score a goal
Ben completes a run around the field.

Sunday turned out to be a day of rest but I did miss not going to church.  Instead I did some reading and raking of leaves.  It is so good to be outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. It turned out to be a nice day which is good for all the children coming to our door.  I will be glad to get rid of this candy because it is too tempting; and the children that come here are mostly from our neighborhood and are so very cute.  The littlest ones just keep holding there little buckets out saying with their eyes "is there more?"

Truthfully I felt exhausted and miserable all day; but I knew I would feel better today.  And I do.

We just heard the news of a young person having to have both breast removed because of cancer.  Her husband came to the door with a big bunch of young children.  He is a very cheerful person and thankful his mother-in-law will come to help. 

"Human beings need to struggle, to toil, to think and to choose".  this is from Hope Will Find You.  The author, Naomi Levy, almost loses her faith as she cares for her daughter with a fatal degenerative disease.
I have been doing so well that I felt crushed and hopeless by my lack of energy.
What good am I to anyone?  Yes, I know it is time to be good to myself!

I will be careful in planning this week and I am so thankful that I can choose how to spend each day.

What a miserable day to be driving to work.  Just a short walk today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, just like dad can no longer lift engines out of cars you can not go non stop all day like you use to. A nice rainy day like today will make it easier to relax and tackle some of those books you have piling up.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks. I am so glad I do not have to be driving to work on such a wet windy day. Hope your day goes well.
love mom