Saturday, October 2, 2010

A PERFECT FALL DAY

This is the view from Jane's daughter's home in West Vancouver.
We choose a perfect day to journey across town enjoying the beautiful changing colours as we drove closer and closer to the mountains.  A day to enjoy good food and conversation with our very dear friends.

The day before had been emotionally draining as Larry visited with his friend Matt whose wife is dying of cancer and the dishearten people at the Home faced with the news they would have to move.

We left behind the leaking bathtub, a messy house with dirty windows and my over grown garden; knowing that we can be thankful for these tasks but also glad just to leave them behind for awhile.

Today I am hoping to have some help in my wild garden if Sandra feels up to it. 

I love the myth that has mankind created out of the dust of the earth in a garden where God came to visit.
We are reminded in the New Testament our souls are housed in clay jars, and that life is shaping and molding us to create a compassionate heart that carries the light of God.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clay jars? I like I would like at least pewter.

Love,

Rick