Friday, April 15, 2011

BREATH

Mathew is very excited to open his Easter card and dad and I get to see the action on skype.  Jassy sings her A,B.C.s while he jumps on her bed.  Then it is time to dump all the toys out.  Just an ordinary morning in the home of Jassy and Mathew.  The last picture we see is Jassy falling asleep on her daddy's shoulder. as Ken answers a phone call from Melina.
Actually I had just had a nap myself  after being at the church all morning sorting books for the BIG SALE.  Dad is having problems with his face breaking out and it has to get worse before it gets better with the cream he applies.  He has been through this before and feels very self-conscious in public.  He would like to help but it will depend on how he looks and feels. 

I plan to walk over to the church early this morning which appears to be going to be an okay day.  Cathy has asked us over for a pre Easter dinner with some of the children to-night so no worries about supper.  I will be replaced at the sale about noon when a fresh crew come in and will do the packing up at the end. 

I think it is much harder for the church to survive in this age of reason and education.  Our philosophers, our writers and journalists, our media cast doubt on the foundations of faith.  There is even a sense of restlessness in our church communities as hypocrisy and imperfection that has brought about narrow-mindedness and an image of fear based and unloving religion.

God is (for me)
the breath of life
in nature
in the beat of the music
in the awesome presence of love
in our desires
in our laughter and our sorrow
in our past and in our future
in the hidden spring of water
in our delight and in our moments of wonder
in the air we breath
in the heart that beats and the lungs that breathe.
in every single particle of creation .

Because of the resurrection I know that my redeemer lives and lives within us all.  When Jesus is present, love breaths new life into us all,  His love encompasses all religions and his heart as big as the universe.

What a blessing to have had my children and grandchildren fall asleep in my arms.

The bible describes God as the everlasting arms that holds all of life together!

1 comment:

beth bennett said...

I would like to help you but I really do not know you. Maybe there is some other way you can make money. God will help you find a job and things will eventually work out.

Sorry.
Beth