Monday, April 11, 2011

ROCKS

My very rocky garden waiting for warm weather to bring more and more plants to life!

Religion can fuel hatred and judgement that makes people take up rocks to stone those they see as sinners. 
Jesus asked who is without sin; let them cast the first rock.  Jesus had written in the dust and then let silence do its work as everyone had time to stop and think.  Jesus would have been the only one left to throw a rock but he wanted us all to know God does not throw rocks at us.  Instead he has come to set us free and turn the ashes of our lives into beauty.

I know that I would have dropped my rocks and gone away with a new understanding of the religion of grace and forgiveness.  I have been wounded by life and have wounded others but forgiveness is free and I can be released from the past so that I can dance into the future.

No comments: