Monday, April 11, 2011

PASSAGES

This is my pond in the back yard.  So cold outside yesterday; cold and wet and windy.  My computer is making strange noises so it may pack it in any day.  So be it.  I can always go back to writing in my journals.
I am thankful for the time I have had on this old friend but I guess one day it will just refuse to work so I had better prepare for that.

Love calls us to be spiritual seekers through the many passages of our lives.  New life every spring is one reason I like the seasons of where we live.  Even as I stare out the window at the cold and miserable day outside I know that soon the warm weather will come to stay.

We go through school to learn what others have discovered.  We go through life as a child, an adult, a partner in marriage, a parent etc.  Each stage is a stage where we need to grow and be ready to pass on to the next.  The Christian life has stages or passages that are called baptism, confirmation, communion, prayer and the reading of scripture.

I can be changed and transformed if I feel the spirit that stirs up thankfulness and joy.

But for now I must get ready and go for my walk with my friend.  Nothing has worked well this morning.  Is it me or is it the computer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe a little of both? Looking out my window here at work it looks like fresh snow over on the mountains. I dont like seing that in April. I am more the ready for the passing of winter!
Sandra

beth bennett said...

I have to go back and see what I wrote. O now I remember me or the computer?

The day has turned out wonderfully sunny, good day to put out my precious junk. Trucks are already driving by and my stuff has already been picked up. Most of it! Some blew away in the night.

My friend Gunty and I had fun on our walk today, lots of laughs. I am happy she is finding joy in her memories and joy sharing them.

I do not expect so many comments today but had a good laugh when I read them last night.
love mom