Thursday, April 21, 2011

HOLINESS

Take time to be holy let the light shine in!

 This week is called Holy Week with many different services and I would love to go to them all.
Last Sunday was palm Sunday when we walked down the aisle waving palm branches.  I believe that this was a time when everyone was spiritually alive with a new faith to believe in miracles.  I was thinking about the several people walking with crutches and canes in our community and it would be wonderful for them to be healed.

Dad's legs are very painful and getting weaker and I am trying to convince him to try everything even if others say it is no good.  He has started with his foot bath and tense that gives electric shocks I think.  When you are used to being active it is hard to realize you have to give up more and more things in your life that you used to do.

Good Friday, why good no one knows, except that as we enter the darkness and pain of this day God is with us and He is still good.  I am finding myself remembering some of sadness that my heart has experienced in the past.  I also realize that I was not always sensitive to the pain of others and this I regret.

As I read the scriptures that tell the Easter Story I realise that to understand the Jewish traditions and rituals is not an easy thing for us to do.  Jesus is the Holiness present in every dimension of creation and every moment in time.  He can be described as grace, peace, love, acceptance, healing,  and forgiveness.  The words of Jesus have been confrontational and his actions even more so.  Tax collectors and prostitutes, the poor and the sick outcasts have found hope and new life. 

Jesus said at the beginning of his ministry I have come to set the captives free! 

Jesus is with in and beyond all time and if we are willingto give up our disillusionment with life
 we will begin to see the holiness of the light breaking through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Painfull and weaker is not good. When will you decide to move to a one level house? Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you at some of the services . l too would like to go to them all but probably won't have the energy for all four of them and also l don't like to leave Geof on his own too often l'm sorry that Larry is having such a miserable time with his legs.L think we would all benefit from a healing touch. Lpve , Jane